Sign in to follow this  

Directionals only

Heyas,

Who sells a directionals only DS kit? The bike has already has a brakelight and 2 big baja style headlights with a cage around them. Could I buy the components from somewhere and rig it to pass inspection in Maine?

I rigged up my own using some trailer clearance LED lights, a bunch o' wire, electronic flasher from a car (swiped a socket out of a car junk yard) and a "universal" turn signal/horn switch from Parts Unlimmited. Wasn't too hard, and cost about 20 bucks. Tucker Rocky used to sell a kit for mopeds that was just turn signals, a flasher and a switch, but I haven't seen one for years. A couple of notes, though. If you have AC only, you may have to add a rectifier to convert to DC to get the falsher to flash (I could never get one to work on AC, but I hear other people have); If you run LEDs, you have to run a 1K ohm resistor in parallel with the LEDs or there isn't enough impedance to get the flasher to flash, and you need to be sure the turn signals you buy stick out far enough to make the highway patrol happy. Chaparral Cycle in San Bernardino, Ca has a wide selection, they mail order, and they're cheap!