Sign in to follow this  

Change in Bike Performance

As you know I recently rejetted and the bike runs great. Two rides ago it was great, very responsive, lifting the front over ruts or dips at speed . . . Life was good.

The last time out however, it was a bit flat, almost as if it was running a tad rich again. I don't really know why.

All I changed was the oil, switched back to the stock air filter, and the gas that I used got a couple weeks older.

Weather, temp, and elevation were all the same.

Clearly, it is not the oil.

Can an aftermarket air fitler (no-toil I think) make a noticeable improvement over the stock filter (Both clean)??

Could slightly older gas cause this?

I don't usually believe marketing or other stuff about aftermarket air filter or old gas (it is maybe 1.5 months out of the pump so it is not that old) BUT, could this cuase the bike to seem a bit flat?

Thanks.

Chad

That could be. I will change out the filter on the next ride to see if it does it. It is easy to test out. I just posted to see if anyone else had experienced this.

Don't know if anyone cares, but the bike ran much better with the aftermarket air filter (no-toil) than with the stock air filter, everthing else generally equal. :cry:

The stock filter is more restricted than after market, I'm not sure you'd feel a big differance??.(unless over oiled), the newer fuels do go bad faster than the old stuff, but that does'nt sound like it.Does your bike have the vapor recovery system??,if so I'd look at that or maybe a vacum leak somewhere??. :cry: