Sign in to follow this  

Mileage of Michilens

Just got a set of Michilens M12's and wondering what kind of mileage is common for the M12's and S12's tires.

I would think that it depends on how much you turn your right wrist and in what kind of terrain you ride in.

XR400 here. Some S12s, then went to Hollister. Lost about 1/3 of the knob height due to cement-like dirt. The 739 on the WR250 was toast after 200 miles. My S12 is still on my bike, although I run my tires for a long time. Its getting low. I'd say... er... 1000 miles? This is in the hard stuff, like sharp stabby rocks. The tire is great and I have another in my garage. Next dry season I'll pick something else though. Wet season? It rules.

I burned through an M-12 rear in 3 rides, totaly trashed, 150 miles. S-12 rears last much longer and hook up better IMO. You can't beat the M-12 front, they hook up and last a long time. :cry:

I run the M12 in the front and S12 in the rear.... Full traction for about 4, 60 mile rides, depending on how much gravel road I do with the wife. Tire is good for another 4-5 family rides after that. I keep three rear wheels loaded with tires,, TRy and swap a "family" tire when I can, and save the better/new S-12 for rides with the boys :cry:

My bro runs MS2's on his 250F. We went to a ride on this sandy/dirt track. After the day, tire still looked exactly the same, and he rides hard!

He swears by them. On the 250F I'm getting when it needs new tires, I'll either [put on Maxis IT's or MS2 in the back and a bridgestone in the front. :cry:

I get 400+ miles from a front S12, and anywhere from 200-300 on a rear, rocks have a lot to do with it. I did have an S12 rear last for 500, but every event was sandy and loamy. I can use one rear for an entire summer night series, including practice, on a prepared track.