Sign in to follow this  

DSC legalizer wiring diagram

Anybody have one?

I'm trying to trouble shoot an XR400 with the kit

the signals dont work when the switch is set to running

the signals do work when the switch is set to reverse

the brake light never works

Mega, I had a Legalizer kit on my 98 XR400. It's kind of a piece of crap kit. I know your bike came with it but be aware, it's an early version of Dualsport kits. Andy Mcglaughlin at Fourstrokesonly.com sells parts for this kit and the kit I think. Try his website, he'll get back to you eventually, sometimes he's a little busy so be patient.

From what you described, it sounds like your ground is screwed up.

Thanks

I have learned more, it does appear to work, but I dont think it gets enough power to run the headlight & signals at the same time

brakelight is working (barely)

that for sure sounds like a bad ground. Sluggish reacting lights and dim working lights are both sign of not grounding good. Wrong lights coming on are sign of crossed wires. I have lots of experience with those.

Is the ground a black wire up in the box?

I have no directions for the kit

works great as long as I hold the RPM's really high, if I turn on the high beams the blinkers dont work at all

I think I found the problem

it's got a 55w bulb in it

I dont think I can run that, without a stator rewind, I need a 35w bulb

Mega,

If I remember correctly, I think the ground wires in that kit are green.

I have a suggestion, move the battery under the seat, move the rectifier/regulator to where the battery is and then get a hole saw and make 2 big holes where the rectifier/regulator was so you can get airflow to the oil cooler. That rectifier/regulator blocks the oil cooler.

Let me know if you're still having problems with it, I think I know how to find the guy who designed and built those kits.

Keith

But does the rpm increase solve the blinker issue? I bought another battery from Fourstrokes only, it didnt solve my problems. I ended up buying a bajadesigns headlight, switch and battery. Then a year later I bought a complete Trickdualsport kit.