Sign in to follow this  

More rear brake fun.

Finally got my rear brake working good again, rode it once and everything was fine, the second time however it faded badly in about 3 hard laps, which wasnt totally a bad thing, it helped my corner speed!!! Im using EBC MX-S pads, without the rattle plate and the ceramic heat shield, which Im going to say is part of the problem. I took the rattle plate and the shield off, they were both unusable and the plate was causing my pads to hang up on the pins.

Question is, I know the heat shield is on there for a reason, but exactly how important is it?? I dont think Im a brake dragger, but I do use it, anyone know of a trick to help me figure out if I drag the brake too much?? :cry:

Brian you want to use the insulators - they reduce or dissipate the heat faster than without them. My buddy up here with a 03 finally got fed up with the crappy rear brakes on the CRF and bought the Braking rear caliper for his and he loves having rear brakes that never fade.

david

use OE brake pads...yeah they are expensive but they work well for me...never had a fading issue....even on a 3 mile downhill dragging the rear brake on and off...they didnt fade.

stockers are definately not cheap, but look what cheap got me....... David, you ridden with me, granted its been a while, but I just dont think I'm a brake "dragger", maybe my feet are catching on the lever, but I just cant tell??

Thanks guys, hopefully after I put the OEM pads on, my problems will finally end, or its the braking caliper!!!

Brian although it has been a while you were not a brake dragger - check your rear brakeline some people have had faulty ones - hey come on up and lets go to Copperhead sunday Ha ha ... I know its a haul - they have really put some work into that place with prep like Bremen on race day - chris keeps telling me you are coming up to spank his @$$... :cry:

He has been talkin some serious smack, I keep reminding him the last time he tried to do some laps with me he broke his collarbone!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:...

I was planning on coming up at the end of this month, but I just dont think I am going to be able to swing it, two hurricanes and now valve problems, im a little behind, but I may still be able to make it.