Sign in to follow this  

FMF Q, Muzzy, Big Gun, Yosh?????

Looking for the best overall system. Anyone with opinions? :cry: I've heard good things about the Muzzy system. What about the others? Must have a system that is 96db or less. Look forward to the input. :cry:

I have a muzzy and really like it. It costs less than the yosh (pm me for details) and for all intents and purposes is as good. All of the main measurments are equal. The fit and finish is as good too. It was also developed and manufactured here in the US (just over 100 miles away even) by the company that has a long history in four stroke road racing machines. Muzzy ran the Kawasaki factory AMA superbike team for several years.

If I didn't get the muzzy I would have gone with the yosh, no one else was even in the running.

I got the Big Gun race. Awsome power...but very loud. I just ordered the quiet core to repack it for an upcoming FCT I will be going on at the end of the month. But the Race care will proably go back in when I get back.

Big gun says the quiet core will proably cost me about 1.5 HP.

In the case of the DRZ...Loud = maximum power.

Yosh, use the med tec insert for 96db and then take it out when you really want to rip! :cry:

For all out power you can't beat the Yosh Ti model. The Muzzy and the Yosh in Stainless steel are really quite similar. That Ti pipe do make some difference though. It's just an awsome pipe. I am giving up my rock riding so I will soon have one for the road. I'm not going to worry to much about noise with all the Harleys here in town it's quiet compared to them. I've always been able to hold it back when the man is around, let it rip when he ain't! prairiedawg :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've always been able to hold it back when the man is around, let it rip when he ain't!

Amen!

She can be somewhat a "putter" when you need her to.

Mine has this habit of making little explosion clouds of dust all over the ground behind me though and it will blow bushes and plants all over the place at least like 25 - 30 ft away. :cry: :cry: :lol:

It has so much flow I hear the gases flowing loudly through the spark arrestor screen on my Big Gun even over the noise it makes. :lol: :lol: :cry::lol::cry: :cry: