Sign in to follow this  

ThunderAlley lowboy vrs. Dr. D ride report, also Flexbars

Today was my first ride with the Thunderalley lowboy and the Flexx bars. First off, the Flexx bars are all everyone says about them. I went for my first ride in about 2 months. I usually get some serious arm pump. None. I will use them on everything from here out. Worth every penny :cry:.

Now for the pipe. First let me say I was happy with the Dr.D. It has very smooth power. I noticed a difference from stock, mostly in the middle. Noise level was about the same as stock. I bought the Thunderalley because of all the responses here and it was a real bargain at 179.00 on e-bay. It has a big hit right off the bottom. Not sure it makes more horses or not. Just made a very noticable hit. I like it. It is freekin loud though :cry:. Not for the faint of heart. So if I had to pick between the two. I would say if you really want to feel a dramatic hit and noise is not a problem, go Thunderalley. If noise is a concern and you want smooth power increased over stock, go Dr. D. Fit is good with both.

Thanks for the advise Shawn, I will try it. It is staying on there. Probably put the Dr. on e-bay.

I know of someone that might be interested in your dr. d. PM me if you do decide to sell. I'm about to make the plunge on the flexx bars.

I got a PM from someone already on it. I will give him first shot. If not I will let you know. You are going to love them bars :cry:.

When I was at Glen Helen for the Nationals I saw several guys using them. Ask the Rap and Dave. I think they use them.

How heavy are they compared to the stock bars? They look like monsters!

When I was at Glen Helen for the Nationals I saw several guys using them. Ask the Rap and Dave. I think they use them.

I love my Flexx bars....great investment. As far as weight, yes, they are heavier than the stockers....I did not weigh, but you can feel the difference by the seat of the pants method...err...palm of the hand method.