Sign in to follow this  

Jemco exhaust ?

has anyone tried the jemco on a stock motor? i have only seen ride reports on bikes that have been modified. i am considering switching from my TA to get a little more over rev and just wondering if it would be worth the $$ on a stock 02.

I used it on my '04, bone stock. Incredible pipe. I had the TA before it, and there's no comparison. You'll love it. Just gotta get used to the increase in db's though. . . 😢

Kendall,

thanks for sending the header. it is on my bike now at jemco. had a b1tch of time getting thing on until i saw the word "Top" etched on the flange! 😢 i will call them tomorrow for updates...

no question, the jemco rocks but you ought to wait a bit to see if he will be able to make the lowboy header system. 😢

Same here, I ran it on my bone stock 02' and it was amazing. Pulled so hard and never quit 😢

thanks for the replies. i wanted some opinions before i spent $$$ on a new exhaust. sounds like i may have a 02 TA slip on for sale very soon

Kendall,

thanks for sending the header. it is on my bike now at jemco. had a b1tch of time getting thing on until i saw the word "Top" etched on the flange!

Isn't that the way it goes whenever you try to "wing" something? 😢 Let me know when it's done, so I can put in my order! Maybe you can tell John to make me a zinc coated one when he's finished, cause I WILL be buying another! 😢

Do you gentlemen suppose there will come a time--and hopefully soon--when a pipe and silencer combination like the Jemco will become available that will also be quiet (which, whether we like it or not is becoming an issue everywhere)?

there are plenty of quiter pipes out there.one of the reasons the jemco works so good is becuase the size of the baffle.

putting a cork in it doesnt make sense.if your looking for quite pipe,look to a different source.

there are plenty of quiter pipes out there.one of the reasons the jemco works so goos is becuase the size of the baffle.

putting a cork in it doesnt make sense.if your looking for quite pipe,look to a different source.

Ditto that....

there are plenty of quiter pipes out there.one of the reasons the jemco works so goos is becuase the size of the baffle.

Yes, but your statement is begging the question . . .

Let me put it another way; does anyone know of any R&D in progress that is aiming toward a quieter system that still puts out substantial gains? I am concerned that there is no way tracks are going to continue indefinitely allowing super loud systems, and something will have to give. Municipalities and townships simply have an incredible amount of authority on this sort of thing.

At present, yes, this type of pipe setup is indeed a "corked" system and one needs to go elsewhere (read over 100 dec.). But that is not what I am asking . . . .

I am simply curious if there are any industry insiders on TT who know of significant efforts in the direction outlined above.

Ditto that....

...double ditto....looks like I am going to just get a Jemco now to replace my mangled setup... 😢 Thanks Tim! At least you could have cushioned the bike with your body when you crashed... *sniff sniff* 😢