Sign in to follow this  

big bore kit (150 160 170)

what big bore kit should I get for my ttr125. (150 160 170). Also where can I get the big bore kits. Not bbr some where in canada.can you give me a website Thanks. :cry: :cry:

just keep in mind, the bigger the bore the more likely your engine will blow. 170 is cool if you plan on doing 1 or 2 good drag races then having it go up in smoke. :cry:

I bought a BBR 150 kit with cam, so I can only speak for that one. I installed it myself, with some help from the great people on this forum. Their big bore kit does not require race gas, as some of the bigger bore (160/170)Powroll kits do (powroll.com).

Not aware of any from Canada. :cry:

just keep in mind, the bigger the bore the more likely your engine will blow. 170 is cool if you plan on doing 1 or 2 good drag races then having it go up in smoke. :cry:

That's not exactly true. It really depends on how your engine is put together. If you got the BBR 150 route you will find the metal part of the sleeve that enters the case is extremely thin.

My motor (it's 158) was build by Rob at www.aurora-cycle.com has a sleeve that required the cases be bored, but the metal sleeve is something like 4mm thicker than the 143 kit (I mean 150 kit) from BBR.

I've ridden the crap out of this motor and I haven't had the slightest issue with it.