Sign in to follow this  

Corbin Seat question for my DRZ-400-S (stock on/off version)

I'd like to know :cry: if anyone out there riding a Corbin seat on their DRZ-400S who has a body profile similar to mine (I'm short: 5'8" @ 180 lbs.) likes the reported reduced seat height? Help please... Corbin reports their seat is over 3" shorter than my stock "bananna". I read the DRZ-400S has a seat height of 36.8" (that feels about right without having measured it). I just bought mine 9/15/04 and after reviewing for months after selling my Harley (yeah, I might be old, but I prefer roling around in the dirt) to being limited to the tarmac, and I love the ability to dodge in/out of traffic that my big bike couldn't do so easy (too heavy). Anyways, somebody give me some answers before I blow nearly 300 bucks. :cry:I'm New, and this is my 1st posting. (Y'all will determine if it's my last.) What comes around, as they say, goes around! :cry: :canada:Thanks guys!

I'm New, and this is my 1st posting. (Y'all will determine if it's my last.) What comes around, as they say, goes around!

ok......... :cry:

Most who had there hopes up for the Corbin seat had fittment problems and were disapointed in the real world comfort.

I have also read that there is a considerable time for break in of the seat (not sure if that means the bike or the rider).

Spend your 300 on getting the suspension custom tuned for your weight and ridding style.

My .02

welcome :cry:

Try e-bay. Maybe they have a brain you can bid on.

thanks,its obvious the input you will have here.thanks for stopping by. :cry:

feel free to use your brain to read the terms of use!

do you really think threatening us with your first post is ok or normal? take it down a notch and you will get the info your looking for.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/faq.php

What are the rules?

Registration as a User implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:

- Participants shall not post any material likely to cause offence, that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - without the express permission of the owner of such copyright - or that contains personal phone numbers or addresses.

- Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.

- The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.

- This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the Forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/terms.asp

I "sincerely" never meant to treaten anyone dude. And I dont see where I broke any rules (thugh I could have missed something). All I meant was that my future responses would be congentent upon the responses I received. No more, no less. Sorry if you were offended! The brain on sale at e-bay was me joking (and I'm sure I'm not "normal". :cry:

Everyone here is an amazing help. I've never ever seen a more helpful group of people in my life. If you'd just browse thru the archives you'd know.

Starting your time here basically saying 'you guys had better help me or else i will leave!' isnt gonna make you any friends.

Not only that, you started with burned, the most knowledgable helpful guy here.

He has over 15 thousand posts to his name and i bet 14500 of them were advice or offers of help to other TT members.

Basically the idea is..lighten up and treat others with respect, because most of them really diserve it.

The Corbin seat is very new, and I think that only a couple of guys have one. Maybe you should start another post titled something like "Anyone have a Corbin Seat" and I bet they will come to the plate. Also, EZGZ's suggestion to dial in the suspension is a good one. Also, you might consider a lowering link from Kuoba. There are two, one drops the rear 3/4" and the other 1 1/2" (I think). You could then drop the forks a little in the clamps, and be better off than the Corbin seat. IMHO Welcome, and relax, this is the best forum you will find.....no need to force the issue. :cry:

What they said. :cry:

And if you are making jokes, it helps to add a few smiley faces afterwards as it takes the edge off of what could be misconstrued as flaming...at least until you have posted enough so that we know your style. :cry:

Back to the Corbin, I would also like to hear more about it. I had a Corbin on my 929 and LOVED it; what a huge difference it made in the comfort department. I remember riding my DRZ for 5 hours straight (minus gas stops) when I first got it, my butt was so sore I felt like crying when I realized I had to make that same journey on the return trip. :cry:

Try e-bay. Maybe they have a brain you can bid on.

Sorry, I got the last one. :cry: :cry:

Your search - "congentent " - did not match any documents.

No pages were found containing "congentent".

Suggestions:

- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.

- Try different keywords.

- Try more general keywords.

Also, you can try Google Answers for expert help with your search.

Hey dude, my sincerest apologies! Never meant to offend anyone!! Especially someone trying to help me!! I don't know who "Burned" is, and I probably messup up trying to post something in a "general" mailbox. This is my first time in a chat room or whatever you call this forum. Tried using it before a few times but couldn't make it work. (You can assume I'm not a computer wizard either!) Oh well, all I can say is I apologize to all of you guys out there that are willing to help a computer illiterate, and I'll try harder... just super frustrated with my lack of computer skills, and not knowing how to work within this forum, or any other one I tried before.

I don't yet know how to read these screens to figure out who you are, but I'm writing numerous apologies to start over and make some friends here. Thanks for your advice!! And I'll trying the smiley faces too. :cry:

No Prob! I just don't want to get kicked out before I learn something, and hopefully maybe pass along some of my experience. Could you please tell Burned I'm sorry? I don't know how to navigate in this system yet. Thanks a lot. I would be most appreciative!! :cry: