Sign in to follow this  

Sprocket?

im thinking of replacing my sprockets and chain for a little more top speed since the bike has plenty of bottom end grunt. im thinking like 1-2 teeth bigger in the front. will this have a big effect an acceleration?

Yes it will affect it. Going up on the front you'll lose bottom end power.

yes it will be drastic but i put a 55 tooth sproket on the rear for some low end power it was a drastic difference but i race harescrambles and 90% of racing is done in the woods so i needed more low end i think stock in the front is 14 and rear 49 if you want more top speed i think you should try like a 13 up front and a 48 or 47 tooth in the front good luck :cry:

The rear sprocket on a 225 is 58 tooth, You could try going to a56 that will give you a little more speed,and might not lose to much bootom.

what bike are we talkin about. a standard 125 has a 49 rear yes but a 125L (disc brakes, big wheels etc.) has a 55 rear. :cry:

hey that reminds me.....since the small 125 has the small rear tire...with a 49 tooth...and the large 125 has the big wheel with a 55 tooth....do they sorta go the same top speed? that bugs meh :cry:

i have an 01 125L. i think its got enough bottom end since i smoke most bikes off the line but would like to have that extra top end to stay out front