Sign in to follow this  

Benefits of aftermarket triple clamp?

I bent my stock handlebars on my last ride after 2 tough falls in the woods/trails. So, I'm installing my new Tag CR High 7/8" gold bar tonight, new 909 grips, and Acerbis handguards. So far so good ...

Question though -- when performing searches on the forum I noticed a few posts concerning aftermarket triple clamps. And, I saw the post for the RegerEngineering brand clamps that sell on eBay for $100 (clicky).

I've never used aftermarket triple clamps -- are there any true benefits in replacing my stock ones for new ones? Or, better yet, is it worth the $100+ ... or should I spend that $100+ on other equipment/mods which would afford more benefit?

Thanks! :cry:

I bent my stock handlebars on my last ride after 2 tough falls in the woods/trails. So, I'm installing my new Tag CR High 7/8" gold bar tonight, new 909 grips, and Acerbis handguards. So far so good ...

Question though -- when performing searches on the forum I noticed a few posts concerning aftermarket triple clamps. And, I saw the post for the RegerEngineering brand clamps that sell on eBay for $100 (clicky).

I've never used aftermarket triple clamps -- are there any true benefits in replacing my stock ones for new ones? Or, better yet, is it worth the $100+ ... or should I spend that $100+ on other equipment/mods which would afford more benefit?

Thanks! :cry:

Basically just comfort. Either lifts it up and forward, up and back, you know, whatever.

I'd contact the company and look at thier site and get the down low.

My friend has the 1 1/8 Reger clamp and likes it. Why go with the smaller 7/8 clamp size bars if you are getting new ones?

I also make triples for these bikes and others. I offer both size mounts for the same price. The best thing with aftermarket clamps is the like mine you have 4 different bar positions to choose from.