Sign in to follow this  

Wadded Up my bike and now I need some help...

The other Wednesday night I went to seat hop going in to a double and turned myself in to the human lawn dart. Fractured my collar bone so I'm done for at least 6 weeks. I feel really lucky that is all I walked away with. But here's the kicker: No one stopped the track traffic and a CRF 450 landed on my baby. Flattened one of the radiators and shattered the crank case cover along with bending the shifter lever in. I think it might of done some damage to my transmission also, but I won't know until get into it.

So here is my question: I need to get at least one new radiator. But might as well get a aftermarket set for the cost of the OEM ones. So any recommendations on aftermarket radiatiors, a shift lever, and a thottle tube.

Thanks,

A sore, bruised, TSR :cry:

You could just try Myers radiators in Colorado... I've heard they've resurrected many a mangled radiator for cheap - like $30-$40...

BTW, don't rush - got 6 weeks! :cry:

If the radiator is not obviously damaged beyond repair I would try Mylers. I've used them and the turnaround time was very fast, came back like new and it was much cheaper than buying a new one. Highly recommend them. Here is their website. I'd call him and see what he can do.

Mylers

As for the throttle tube, I just get the plastic motion pro tubes from rockymountain mc. I think they are less than $10 but probably not worth the shipping costs if that is all your buying. I usually just get a few when I'm already ordering other things.

dont forget ebay. you could pick up a spare side there and get it rebuilt by mylers.

collar bones suck. they will not let you sneak at all.

Sorry to hear that bro.Get better,and more importantly,get that innocent bike fixed up(those damn Hondas! :cry:).I probably would have went to the nearest flag-man and pushed him down a hill :cry: :cry:. Remember though..radiators are pretty darn delicate and as you know extremely important...don't skimp at all. :cry:

Mylers is in Utah. West Jordan Utah to be exact. He is a greeat neighbor. I think he could stay in business with my radiators alone.

Seriously, he can do some incredible work on damaged stuff.

For a few extra bucks he will weld them up like the works bikes. Very strong and good looking.

seen a couple radiators and other 04 250f parts on ebay,you may be in luck...

Thanks for all the info. By the looks of my radiator (basically torn in half and flattened) it would be a safe bet that Mylers can't fix this one. I'm not doubting his skill, it just reminds me of the old addage "you can't polish a turd."

I think I am going to go with the Fluidyne Radiators, they are 33% larger than stock and are suppose to be stronger as well. I'll give you an update when I get them installed.

Thanks,

TSR :cry:

Here's to another vote for Mylers. He had my brother's radiator repaired and shipped back the very same day he recieved it! We got it back and it looks like it's brand new.