Sign in to follow this  

125LE question -new jets are in the bike

Now, Im at sea level 40-80 degree riding temps, its about 50 and rain right now. Got the 110/17.5 combo in, snorkle removed. Wont idle a lick. Turned fuel screw all the way back in to one turn out adjusted the idle screw all the way in. Now it idles. Seems strange to me tho? Idle screw cranked and fuel screw out only one? No popping on decel. But Im a newby to fuel tuning.........

This is a complex problem..

I started to answer (well, try to) earlier, but I really am not sure what, or what combination of things, is your problem.

I'm thinking you either inadvertantly adjusted a float, or got the wrong pilot jet, or installed it wrong or something along those lines...

50 and raining should be running lean as hell at sea level, but by turning the pilot screw out 1 turn your's is running rich. A low idle sounds like its rich too.

Are you sure you got the 17.5 jet and not something bigger?

Is it installed right and screwed all the way in?

I'm kind of stabbing in the dark here to get a discussion going. I really don't know what's wrong yet...

Its baffling me a bit as well. I didnt physically check the jet to be honest. But the packaging confirms the correct numbers, we know how that goes tho. I assume its installed right. Ive done many jets on quads before, anything could happen tho.

Good point on the float....I guess Ill have to tear it back down tonight. I drilled the airbox like you did yours with a hole saw as well. Plus shows rich.

But the packaging confirms the correct numbers, we know how that goes tho.

Never rely on the packaging label. Look at the jet for actual inscribed size. If all else fails, restore to stock settings and start over, ONE THING at a time to differentially diagnose.

But the packaging confirms the correct numbers, we know how that goes tho.

Never rely on the packaging label. Look at the jet for actual inscribed size. If all else fails, restore to stock settings and start over, ONE THING at a time to differentially diagnose.

Exactly. Thats why I said "we know how that goes" Ive been burned there before, should have checked it. :cry: Today is my day to go to church, the church of FOOTBALL that is. So Im on the couch alll day. Ill switch back to stock and start over, if anyone else has ideas, Ill be checking in! Thanks! Ill post what I find....

I had the same problem and had to go back to stock on the pilot. I replaced both the main and the pilot at the same time and it would not idle good. I put the stock pilot back in and left the 110 Main in and everything is fine.

Interesting. Mine wouldnt idle before I started, I assumed it was the pilot. Im gonna start over. Putting both the stock jets back in and reading the plug and going from there.

Thing is, with it as it sits, it has more oomph. So Im hoping to find that happy medium.

Well, your "oomph" is probably coming from the main jet you put in. Remember, the pilot jet only controls from closed to 1/4 throttle. That's not from 1000 rpm's to 4000 rpms then the main takes over, that's the actual throttle position of closed to 1/4. Here's a good chart that explains it ok, but the pilot is kind of wrong on it. The pilot has its greatest effect below 1/4 throttle...

jets.jpg

When you get on it hard that's the main jet you're using. That's where I'm guessing the oomph came from.

Try going back to the stock pilot and see what happens.

Good info! Thanks man. Ill post back up once I get the stock pilot back in.