Sign in to follow this  

Portland Maine anyone?

I ride from my house here in Portland to the Standish area. I ride a YZ-250-F obviously not road legal. I was just wondering if anyone else makes or attempts this ride. It's a challanging ride there are alot of trails off the railroad bed. I lost my riding partner this past April to a motorcycle meets moose crash. I would like to do this trip a couple of times this fall. It's just safer not to head out that far alone. Anyone?

Kind of a sad user name you have then? I'm in Westbrook. I got 3 riding buddies that would be interested probably. I've never heard of this ride... I'll look into it. Whats your age?

My age is 41; It's the only way I know of to get out of the Portland area. You need to cross the railroad tressel in Westbrook it's a bit tight with the over growth till you get up the tracks a ways. it brings you to the powerlines that cross the River Road. If you continue following the rail bed till Blue Seal Feeds in South Windham you cross over there and follow the rail bed till Otter Pond, then Sebago Lake Station. from there you leave the tracks and head onto trails that will take you across route 35 then eventually across Shaws Mill road, then across 35 again and eventually route 113 heading toward Steep Falls. If you keep going you will arive at the Whistle Stop Variety Store and gas station. From there its north to Brownfield and behond. There are so many places you can turn off this trip and head in other directions. For sure the worst part of the whole trip is just getting out of town. I have made this trip a couple times a year since I was like 17. I have seen police a couple of times but they have never stopped me. I do walk my bike across Congress street here and Main street in Westbrook. I think they have better things to do than chase after me anyhow. Well anyway let me know if you want to meet up for a ride. I also just blast around behind Pine Tree and Blue Rock for a couple hours once in awhile. drop me a line or Re: this post. later