Sign in to follow this  

Thunder Alley experts please help

I am wondering how to tell if the new spark arrestor I just recieved is the quiet one or not. Or maybe there is only one?

The thing looks like the whole muffler core + there is an endcap.

There is this funky steel spiral fanblade deal fixed in the middle of the center pipe. Is that the spark arrestor part?

Anybody got any experience with this?

If you can't see daylight when looking through the pipe, then you have the insert.

my buddy boudroux has the T/A with the Krisman S/A and its way quieter than mine with the regular muffler. Heck, Id say his TA is quieter than the stock pipe with that Krisman Spark arrestor in there. 😢

Yo Shawn what's up buddy?

Do you know if your buddy Boudrouxs Krizman core has the quiet insert? In other words can daylight be seen through it as has been described here?

Actually I was just trying to figure out how mine is going to run with it's new spark arrestor so I could take a stab at what jets I might want along next weekend. I found your old post that said Boudrouxs SA plugged up his whole exhaust and forced him 3 main jets smaller. On the other hand Bob down at TA was saying the spark arrestor doesn't affect flow while the quiet insert definitely does, but he may be understandably biased.

Without the spark arrestor in I basically ended up one pilot richer and stock main. Wondering where I'll be at this weekend.

Just doing a little archair dynoing here as I won't be able to ride with the new toy till next weekend when we head out to the dunes.

I have the TA slip on for my 02. I didn't rejet. But it may be a tad rich on top. I have the Krizman SA, but no quiet core.