Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400E Jetting Again..!!!!!

I have a US / Canadian spec 400E and I live in the UK, riding mainly at sea level to 1000ft max.in the usual cool damp UK weather.

I have trawled the jetting database but need to know settings for my own bike and conditions. I have removed the snorkel, and modded the end cap as per drz.info. The bike pulls like a train now and is superb.

The only thing I notice is a slight mid-range flat spot,which it pulls through, which I presume jetting will solve.

Can you give me basic pointers as to the jets required. I won't be entering any races, I just don't want a lean mix to do any damage long term. I feel like just a bigger main jet, and an aftermarket fuel screw would be the answer ? I don't really want to strip the carb down and mess with needles etc. too much if a basic fix will do it.

What sizes are the standard jets etc compared to what I need ?

Cheers in advance.

So have you changed the jetting yet after you pulled the snorkel? A US / CN spec would have a way small main jet. (142)

A UK model would have a 165 main which is closer to what you need.

If you havent changed the main you should probably try a 165. If the WOT is already good then you should try to adjust your fuel screw a bit (1/4 turn at a time) and see if it improves on the "flat spot" or try moving the needle up a clip and down a clip. :cry:

Just try one thing at a time. It also helps to keep some notes with all the settings each time so you don't get confused.

You also should mention what the jetting is currently so everyone can make a more educated response. :cry:

I used to run an EMM type needle in the carb and it wasn't very smooth roll on. Tapers too fast I believe. Makes the bike feel jumpy. I have since switched to a JD Jet Kit blue needle on my bike and couldn't be happier. Smoothest roll on ever. Works excellent. :cry: :cry:

Oh ya I am running the following and I am at about 2000ft elevation here in Nor California.....

162Main

38Pilot

5/8 Pilot air screw (equiv to 75 Pilot air jet)

JD Blue Needle 4th clip

Fuel screw 2 turns out

It's definitely not the "LOUD" Euro "E", it's the US spec one with the small hole exhaust end cap with spark arrestor (now removed) - All I have done is the exhaust mod and removed the snorkel.I have not changed any jets. I have read the jetting thread, and all pointers say 160 / 165 main jet, and this is where I would like to start. Am I doing the right thing ?

I presume the needle is now (standard) on the 4th clip and needs lifting by 1 ?

Thanks All

:cry:

Thanks again :cry: 160 jet on order, will report on results unless I get thrown off the back :cry: