Sign in to follow this  

My Supermoto!!!

Well I finally got my wheels all setup. They just about broke the bank so I dont have enough money for a larger front rotor yet, using all the stock rotors. Heres the pics!

front.jpg

back.jpg

rtside.jpg

lftside.jpg

I cut the fork guards, moved the brake line to the outside of the fork and bought some delrin and am making axle/handlebar sliders on my lathe. Should be done later this afternoon getting it all together.

:cry: That is so SWEET! I am jealous, I'll go cry now. Looks good man, getting my money together to tard mine also. :cry:

Dano

I have a wheel set and front brake for sale, pm me if interested. I work Saturdays now and will be only racing harescrambles with mine. Sorry to hijack your thread Jimmy!

And the finished product....... for now. :cry:

finished.jpg

Heres some pics of the delrin sliders that I made....

barz.jpg

frontwhl.jpg

rearwhl.jpg

I'm liking it!!! How much did youy pay for the sliders? I did read that you were cuting them on your lath. How much did it cost you? :cry:

I ran my front brake hose on the inside of the fork guard and zip tied it so the tire would not hit it. :cry:

My buddy is an airplane mechanic and they had sme stalk of it laying around the shop. Gave me about 12 inches of it which was enough to make all the sliders. I had 1/4x20 threaded rod laying around with nylocs so I used those so attach it. It essentially cost me nothing, just about 3 hours worth of my time.

Very Nice! Suspension mods next?

What brand of wheels/hubs are those and where did you get them?

Very cool - you should drill out those rivets on the fork guards and get rid of that cable bracket. Did you chop the fender yourself? How bout that stand - does it lift both wheels off the ground, if so, where did you get it - did you make it?

Nicely done :cry:

Awesome bike! What gearing are you running? Gotta love them sliders.

14/50

Very Nice! Suspension mods next?

What brand of wheels/hubs are those and where did you get them?

No suspension mods, when I race SM i just crank down on the clickers so its stiffer and slide the forks up through the triples about 1/2 inch. I would do the suspension but I also race hare scrambles and love my suspsneion the way it is. They are excel rims and i think they are talon hubs. I got the wheels on ebay, brand new, all laced up with bearings and everything for $900. If you looking for wheels I know eastcoastwheels has a special right now thats a pretty good deal.

Did you chop the fender yourself? How bout that stand - does it lift both wheels off the ground, if so, where did you get it - did you make it?

It was the original fender, I had cracked it in a hare scrambles race so I chopped it and turned it into a SM fender. The stand wont lift both wheels off the ground at the same time, but it will do either wheel depending on where u put it on the bike. I made it myself, cost me about $20 in steel and some time.... :cry: