Sign in to follow this  

Reed wins, Carmichael second in first night of U.S. Open

YES!

Hopefully this will be a preview of things to come - lots of battles between CR, RC, and Bubba... I cant wait for SX season :cry:

When is this going to be televised?

Anyone know the gap between RC and CR at the end?

It's going to be a great year! :cry:

10-24-04

Now I guess I dont have to watch it tomorrow like I was looking forward too since now I know who won. :cry: :cry: :cry:

hmmm, it isn't on TV till near the end of the month, guess you would have to live under a rock in the motorcycle world to not know till then.

His post has generated interest. :cry:

This goes on each and every week throughout SX and outdoors. If you don't want to know who won, I suggest staying off of TT , Cycle News and pretty much every other site related to motorcycling waiting for the slim chance that it will be televised.

It is apparent you have internet access. Why don't you listen live to the webcast tonight as it happens. Knowing the outcome live first hand doesn't "ruin" watching it when it does show on the tube. :cry:

BTW, the gap between CR and RC was under five seconds at the end. RC holeshot, Reed was 4th or 5th out of the 1st turn. He ran RC down quickly, and it sounded like RC just moved over and let Reed by. Reed was doing a big triple out of a corner that RC wasn't. He quickly put time on RC but had a big bobble in the middle of the race actually hitting a tuff block near the whoop section. It allowed RC to close back up. Reed was able to kep the gap around 2-3 seconds pretty much the whole time. Jim Holley and Bevo Forte(the scott goggle rep) were a couple of the announcers and did a great job. They said Reed was visibly much faster through the stadium whoops all night. Between those and the triple, he was THE man. Also his YAMAHA was dialed in! Ricky was very fast on the SuziQ, but still not 101% comfortable.

Listening is a real treat. give it a try. it isn't like tv, but then again, tv isn't like being at the track either.

Reed was doing a big triple out of a corner that RC wasn't

Is Reed back on the 2 smoke?

Is RC on the yellow 4 stroke?

He is riding the aluminum framed 250 indoors this year.

The webcast is archived. you can click on it anytime you like and listen for yourselves. You can even listen to the last two years if you desire. The post race interviews are very informative.

hmmm, it isn't on TV till near the end of the month, guess you would have to live under a rock in the motorcycle world to not know till then.

I was told the race is going to be on tomorrow (10/10/04) if its not then my bad because your right I probably wouldnt have been able to go 1 month without finding out, otherwise it rediculous to post a topic about something (IN THE SUBJECT TITLE) when you can go to 1,000,000 other MX websites and find that information if your intrested. I dont think the General or Off Topic Forums are the place to post this stuff!

I bet there are people sitting out there listening to the race thinking "Man, I can wait until the conclusion of this race so I can go to TT and be the first to tell everyone who won!"

Hey - Just a little tip - If we want to know we can go to one of the 1,000,000 MX website out there.

It is apparent you have internet access. Why don't you listen live to the webcast tonight as it happens. Knowing the outcome live first hand doesn't "ruin" watching it when it does show on the tube.

I do have internet access. (obviously) however, I dont make tons of cash so I have to go the ol' dial up route. Listening to a webcast on 56k dosent work because you will hear about 20 sec of dialouge then 10 seconds of buffering the 20 sec of dialouge then 10 seconds of buffering... you get the idea. It sucks.

I dont expect everyone on TT to "get it". You would just think its common sense. :cry:

yeah, your bad.

living under a rock is the only way you wont find out race results.

visiting thumpertalk, on the other hand, is a sure-fire way to definitely learn race results and spoil your own surprise. if you don't wanna know them, you should steer clear. it's up to you, the individual, to protect your own ignorance. :cry:

Ever since I started listening to the SX webcasts, I am always disappointed with the actual television coverage.

Chad D and Jim Holley paint a great picture of the events. Much, MUCH better than the TV coverage. On the TV coverage you never get the second set of 250 qualifiers or the LCQ, but you get every second of it on the webcast!

I listen to every Supercross, then tape the TV coverage.

Try it, you'll like it.

it's up to you, the individual, to protect your own ignorance. :cry:

Your right. Why should I expect you to care? Most trailer trash dont care about what others think do they?

Why would you post the results in the title instead of saying US Open Supercross Results inside. Then you can look or not look and nobody can gripe if they do look. :cry: