Sign in to follow this  

jetting question 436 vs 450

burned and all

I set my carb up for the yosh but now that I'm going with the 436 do I need to change my jetting? I ride 500-3500 feet mostly, maybe a little higher. Right now it is set at:

155 main

jd red needle clip3

38 pilot jet

5/8 turn PAS

2 turns fuel screw

I noticed before when I went to the hot cams in and ex that I needed to go more lean on the carb, is this normal? I will start with both hot cams but still have my e cams on the shelf.

My settings are working great for 1200~5000ft and the 450 (444)

i would ride it with your current jetting first so you have a base line.you will probably find you need to go 2 steps leaner on the main jet.

If I change the main jet leaner, would I need to make any other adjustments to the pas or needle? I have not run it at all with these settings but if you think I would need to go leaner and it makes sense from what I have read then I will leave it alone. Not only to get a baseline, but also wouldn't hurt to be a little rich for the engine break-in.

Thanks and am I correct in thinking that it would be better to be a little rich for breakin than a little lean? I don't think the added heat from a lean condition would be good when trying to seat the rings. :cry: