Sign in to follow this  

Waiting on my Ron Hamp carb mod

Just curious if anyone has Rons carb mod, and what kind of gains you got. I should have mine back soon, and am pumped on riding the bike with it on. I dynod mine (with someone elses carb mod) and got almost 2 more hp. How does that stack up to yours?

lets see you new i would be on here i dont think you will find many mxers with the carb mods i will have it next week i came down with the flu wensday knight and am just recovering .

I didn't think I'd see any mxers with Jemcos either....whats this world coming to :cry:. Rest up Ron. It hasn't even been the two week turn around time you said it would be. BTW, there is a few flattrackers on here ya know :cry:. Later, Chris

I haven't had a chance to try mine yet because the motor is still apart doing the wide ratio tanny and everything else. I am anxious to get it all together :cry:

RHC evening come in for supper 3 frozen buritos in the microvave turn on thumper talk to see whats going on read the post start feeling guilty because work isnt done on time and head back out to the shop 8:00 :lol:its going out this week i maay just take the phone off the hook

RHC evening come in for supper 3 frozen buritos in the microvave turn on thumper talk to see whats going on read the post start feeling guilty because work isnt done on time and head back out to the shop 8:00 :lol:its going out this week i maay just take the phone off the hook

Gotta feed that TT addiction!

I got some stuff coming too soon...

Any word on that SM1 pipe?

Flattracker60, is the carb set up to use a K&N filter or a modified stock airbox?

Depending on if he got the velocity stack on it, it can be set up either way. I am running a UNI filter straight off the velocity stack until I get the tube made to run the K&N on it.

Per Ron, I will TRYING to run a XR750 K&N filter directly off the velocity stack. If I run into water problems on the ice(which, if it's cold enough, there won't be water) I will shield the filter with some plastic. If that doesn't work(still water probs...which I doubt) I will go back to the stock air box, but I think the K&N should be OK. I am pumped to egt er on the dyno. I bought the bike new a few months ago, broke it in, and it's been at www.rossierengineering.com ever since :cry: I still need it DTX'd, Scotts stabilizer mounted, make some new ice fenders, etc, all fun stuff!! Ice will be here soon :cry:

The XR750 filter wont fit without a velocity stack extension. It will come in contact with the rear shock assembly.

My buddy has the same bike(04 YZ450) and has the same filter with the same carb mod :cry: I hope it fits :cry: I do hear that is is very tight. We'll see I guess.