Sign in to follow this  

anyone from michigan?

there a couple of us with shouting distance. Myself and Godzuki are in Kalamazoo, and Fred Bear is in Jackson. there are others too but I don't know them. If I recall there are so MSU students floating around here too.

hope this helps, and WELCOME TO TT!! :cry:

I live in Jackson. Any of you other guys have any suggestions on places to ride? Especially the other fellow from Jackson. I can't seem to find anywhere close to go. Thanks.

well post something for the east side of michigan, and there are a few guys from that side. the only place i have heard of is called the "mounds" and im told its pretty busy there almost to the point its dangerous. if you like mx tracks i think there are some on that side of the state. most of the riding is however up north for me here in kzoo the closes trail is 2 1/2 hours away so yea plan on some driving. welcome to the site, let us know if you want to ride up north. :cry: :cry:

Me and Ulmanb are from the east side (mid-Michigan/Bay City area)......let us know if you come up this way....

We usually hit Gladwin and areas north.....

There's a few guys from the metro Detroit area (like me) and a few in the Ann Arbor/Brighton area....there are no good non motocross places to ride here, plan on driving a few hours if you want trails....

me and vantolr are planning to do a ride maybe next week in the rose city area (probably mid week)

Me and Ulmanb are from the east side (mid-Michigan/Bay City area)......let us know if you come up this way....

We usually hit Gladwin and areas north.....

do you ever go to leota and ride the trails there?

occasionally. I might try to ride there yet before rifle season. I plan to take my bike to hunting camp near leota and go for a ride midday.

last time I was there, I almost had a head on with a banshee in a narrow trail at a blind corner. We both braked and I bailed at the last second. He actually stopped halfway on top of my front wheel.

yeah iv had a few run ins like that there you like that crf in the trails? i htink mine would be better with some diff tires

It is a lot of bike for tighter trails like wolverine area. Up until recently the only mods I had were the 51 tooth sprocket and JD kit. I was thinking of downsizing to a 250F, but didnt want to up the $2000 it would take to go to a new bike. Instead I Lowe Racing revalve my suspension for trails and my size/wt, that made a night and day difference in the bike for me. I recently added a weighted flywheel but havent been able to really test it out yet.

Next time I buy a bike the first thing I will do is the suspension then JD kit. Those two things made a huge differnce in the bike.

im from around detroit (st clair shores) area, are there any tracks that let quads practice in michigan. ive been to log road and baja. are there any others anyone has been to??

well post something for the east side of michigan, and there are a few guys from that side. the only place i have heard of is called the "mounds" and im told its pretty busy there almost to the point its dangerous. if you like mx tracks i think there are some on that side of the state. most of the riding is however up north for me here in kzoo the closes trail is 2 1/2 hours away so yea plan on some driving. welcome to the site, let us know if you want to ride up north. :cry: :cry:

ive been to the mound a few time its fun with a bike, quad, or 4x4 truck or quad. if your not careful you will sink your machine in what looks like a little puddle. the place is half wide open and there are trails too. i hope you like whoops there is a lot of them. just look out for people.

Hey ulmanb and vantolr I am in Midland, ride a DRZ and have a couple other buddies that ride. I need to get together with you guys since you live so close but if I recall you seem to ride during the week a lot, do you have normal working hours. I may be going up sat. or sun.(23&24) I don't know where, maybe Hunt Creek let me know if you're interested.

We went today (sunday) to west branch/st helen area.

Tuesday I am going again probably to the same are with different guys. On a normal summer, I usually ride weekends and not weekdays, but this year the wife has a goofy schedule which doesnt permit to many weekends. Next summer I expect to ride a lot of weekends near rose city, oscoda, and west branch as we have just purchased a member ship at a campground in lupton.

I might make one more weekend ride in leota this year when I hunt that area. It would be a short midday ride.

Hey guys! I'm in Fenton here, it's about 10 miles South of Flint off of US-23.

I'm always looking for folks to ride with, my ONLY riding buddy is my brother and he can hardly ride because of his hectic schedule. I'd really like to meet some other folks and ride more frequently. I usually ride Evart, I've ridden Gladwin, Devil's Lake and a few other local small trails.

If anyone is up for a ride or has a ride planned soon, email me and I'll see what my schedule looks like. I am not opposed to driving 2+ hours for some good riding. BTW, I am a intermediate rider with a `04 Kawasaki KLX-300.

Hope to meet some of you soon!

-Cory

cory@alwaysjeepin.com

well helo cory we just had a spankin ride this weekend at wolverine. if you like evart then yzman is your new bestest friend hehehe he should start twiching and drooling as soon as he reads this. i have only rode evart once i liked it to. im not sure when or where any other rides are planned soon, but i know gun season is comming up and we cant ride the trails during that time, so this weekend may be the last time out. i cant i have a club meeting. but this is the right spot to post for rides, or to look for one to join in on. nice to see you here.

gun season start mon. nov.15th so there's a couple weekends left.