Sign in to follow this  

frame filter bolt

I'm changing my oil for the first time and have run into a slight prob. Can anyone tell me what size #4 is on the very bottom picture??? I only got wrenches up to 16mm :cry:

oil_08.jpg

Also, do you guys/gals use loctite on pretty much all bolts you install? blue == low end, red == high end pressure if i'm not mistakin... :cry:

thanks much :cry:

thats a 24mm bolt I use a deep well socket short sockets wont work Rick

ty much, i have one more newb question requarding the same subject.

After removing the clamp (1). How does one get to the actual strainer bolt? I figured the meshed hose would detach from the upper portion below the bolt. But, I don't want to snap the hose :cry: as it looked pretty fragile. Does the actual strainer decend a bit into the hose?

I just need a little reassurance that I can pull straight down on the detached hose :cry:

thx =))

It will come off. It just takes a good pull. Try to pull straight though so you don't damage the hose.

Zombie, I wouldn't even worry about removing that screen assembly. I've been running Yamaha four strokes since the '98 YZF400, and have never had any material caught in that screen. Sure, you can do it for piece of mind, but I'm willing to bet that you'll never find anything in there, EVER!!! Maniac :cry:

The #4 Bolt in the bottom drawing can also be removed with a 3/4" wrench. I personally slide the closed end over the whole assembly (minus the hose of course), seems to work like a charm.

Shane

thanks all, been outta town so i had to dig this up :cry:

I'll probably give it a few changes and then check it out. :cry: