It's been a bad week

Last Sunday I wrecked my CRF250. The chain derailed and bound up on the shift lever bending the shaft down and cracking the case. ? $380 later I'm fixing it myself.

Last night I went MTBing and broke the frame on my Cannondale. Luckily it's warranteed so I get a new frame.

I'm going riding on the 450 tomorrow so I hope nothing else goes wrong.

CRF250R541.jpgCRF250R5401.jpgCRF250R5361.jpg

That $ucks Fred, but at lest your saving $$$$$$$$ by

doing the work yourself. ?

As for having a couple of bikes(as I do....well like 3),

that's why you have a extra.....for cases just like this one. ?

Hey, I thought you would have a extra side case... ? :cry: . I do...... ? .......... ?

That sux TJ. Sorry for the bad luck, but at least your post didn't include any injuries, and that's the most important thing -- I'm glad you made it through both incidents without getting hurt.

Um, how do you break a MTB frame anyway? Was it your armor that kept you intact?

Wow! I.m getting deja' vu. It feels like I've been here before. ? By the way, my bikes running good today. I broke it in hard and used Kelstr's dry burnishing technique. Feels like it always did before it grenaded. ? Its Alive!

? it almost looks like that bike came frame unglued or something. Looks like a workmanship defect. Glad to hear you didn't get taken out by it. That would be a very lame way to go down and get hurt....

Tell us it aint so, as it wouldn't look good for Cannondale if their bike quality starts going south since that's about all they have left now.

Thanks for the kind words guys. ?

The frame is (was) carbon fiber with a magnesium backbone and you're right it does look like the glue let go then it just snapped. I'm kind of hard on bicycles, this is the 2nd one I broke.

It happened on a straightaway luckily. Just before it snapped we were flying down rocky singletrack downhills,

I'm just thankfull it didn't happen then.

Cannondale no longer makes carbon frames but it was warranteed for life so now I get an aluminum one. ?

I didn't do any motor mods to the 250 other than a new piston and rings. This was a big enough bill for a while. (I hope)

ant you got that thing running already ------man thats good ,--i just hate getting stuck on parts .------im happy for you ,i wish i lived over there -----its starting to get cold hear now, the mornings are in the 60s i hate that.

A buddy of mine bought a Raven and got a recall notice 2 weeks later because.................the frames were cracking. Your lucky you didn't leave the plums hangin' on your bars. That is a sweet bike, they just need to figure out a stronger carbon fiber combo.

Hope you made it through the weekend...