Sign in to follow this  

Need some advice....

OK so recently I sold my bike and then started selling all my gear (which was new). Anyhow, I've realized that I still need a bike so I am on the prowl to find another one. That leaves me in a pickle cause now I'll be needing more gear. However, I still have some of the gear that I sold (waiting on the money). I was thinking that maybe I could just send the buyer his money back and tell him that I still need my gear. Does/Would that make me a dillhole or would that be something any of you would do as well?

IMO - makes you a dillhole (I can only guess what that is :cry:)

If I were the buyer - I would be pi$$ed.

Only my opinion - what do I know anyway :cry: :cry:

I agree with daver,

if you verbally comitted, and the person shows with the money, I think you are obligated. I understand your position, but I find it sad that it is rare that people will keep their word now days.

Sounds like it is time for you to go for a new set of gear!

:cry:

New bike, new gear(even if it ends up being the same brand gear you sold), woooooohooooooo :cry:

BTW, don't ever do it again :cry:

I would ask you...

"What gear?"

if you asked for the gear back.

Great time of year to buy closeout moto gear! :cry:

Ya I'm gonna let the guy have the gear still. I have to say though that I'm a little concerned about the money order he's sending, with so many of those scams going around. Not that it's gonna stop me from sending the stuff once it clears, but just thinking out loud here I guess.

Ya I'm gonna let the guy have the gear still. I have to say though that I'm a little concerned about the money order he's sending, with so many of those scams going around. Not that it's gonna stop me from sending the stuff once it clears, but just thinking out loud here I guess.

Easy solution to fake money orders is don't accept money orders/cashier checks. Paypal is hard to counterfeit :cry:

u gotta ask for postal money orders, otherwise wait till it clears. U could try saying that u can't cash his money order and sending it back to him, then tell him u already have someone interested in the gear (not :cry:). Just make sure he never finds out :cry: