Sign in to follow this  

Anyone racing at Rocket tomorrow 10.10?

Dad and I are going up!

Question though -

DO you need to be a district member? I know you need to be an AMA member, but district?

Still not sure what class to do either. Dad I think should either hit up 250C or Senior (B or C if they have a C), and I'm torn right now between 250C and 250B. I think I'll see how many people are running which class. If there are alot of 250C's, I may not do that one, but if there are only a few, I may.

Having not raced anything in 3 years, or MX in 5 or more, I really don't have any idea what to do!

Regardless, tomorrow is tear up day!

They will prebaly make you get a district card I am going to Hurricane Hills tommorrow my son is racing there it is his last race for a while he leaves for marine corp boot camp tuesday. Chris need to go to miles mt on a practice day awsome track Like Rocket but has more techinical sections (supercross sections).Good luck tommorrow I am racing at the track I broke my leg at .Should bring back memories :cry: Rick

LoL sweet day!

Mark of COURSE has the best facility in existance.

It rained for about an hour there last night (10.9-10.10), and they had watered the course, which made practice a sloppy mess! Slick and nasty.

Mark saw this though, and was out discing the track up. Come race time, perfect. Nothing short of perfect.

GOBS of traction and GOBS of speed.

I entered 250C, just as it had been so long, I didn't want to enter B or something, and find out "crap, I"m getting whoomped" and not being able to downgrade.

Arm was pumping up on me again, but I didn't have to worry about it. Ended up winning moto 1 by about 1/3 a lap. Lap times of around 2:15 according to the video dad shot.

Won the second moto by half a lap.

Ouch.

I'll definitely be running 250B next time. From the video though, it looks like my lap times were only about 8-10 seconds a lap off the first place 250A guy. The rest of the feild (whom he burried!) were about 2 seconds a lap slower, so that would put me at about 6 seconds off an A pace. In a race pace, with someone ahead of me to work for I think I could shave that down alot more.

Dad had to enter Senior B, as there was no Senior C, and he didn't want to run my class, as he had Gabiel, my siters 3 year old to watch. We had to stagger our starts so one of us could keep an eye on him.

He did good though! Ended up 2-2 of 2 in his class, but he wasn't being whoomped. The Senior A guys pulled him by about 30 seconds at the end of 5 laps, which isn't bad I didn't think.

Dad's lap times were pushing around 2:34.

It was fun! It would have been more fun had I really had to work and fight for it, but that is for next time I guess, now that I know where I am and that I'll be plenty fine in B class.

Mark / Shelly :cry: for a great place AGAIN!

Thanks for the update, sounds like a great day. That was of course the same track not reversed :cry: Any new news on the reversal if it's going to happen?

:cry:

OH yeah, track was same as it was last time we were there, except the tabletop (of that old jump to table in the very bottom) was extended about 20 feet. YOu could hit it harder.

That was the only real track chage I saw.

Mark hoped to reverse the track shortly though!

I was there and you are right, Mark does a great job of prepping his track. It's a shame The Rocket is not getting the turnout it deserves. I tell all my friends about it, they say 200 miles is too far to drive. I was in the +40 expert class with your Dad. I went down hard on Saturday when a mini rider took us both out. I hung on for 3rd with some hurting ribs...it looks like I'm out for a few weeks.

dude was that my son that wrecked with you? before the finish line double on saturday??? you were holding your ribs?

Wow! Cool!

OK, I saw the guy, #8 on the 525, and the guy with the blue bike (Not sure what it was, a VOR?) What were you riding again? Were you the #3 Honda?

YOu guys really were right there with each other!

I was impressed with dad. He's 52 years old, and he does pretty good as far as I am concerned. I'm not sure what you guys' ages were, I'm curious to see what his age is compared to all of you.

What a small world. How is your son? I went to the hospital on Monday for Xrays, nothing broken. I don't know if you saw the crash, he got sideways just as I was pinning it to get over the finish double. I had no time to react and I think I T-boned him. I should have went home but I've never raced the Rocket and had been looking forward to this weekend. I put on a Kidney belt around my chest and skipped practice on Sunday. I couldn't ride as hard as I wanted and dropped back to 3rd both motos. I don't know the ages for the other +40 guys, I'll be 47 in 3 months. 2005 will be my 30th season racing MX in District 6.

SPREAD THE WORD RIDE THE ROCKET...

my boy was fine...lol...i felt bad when you ask him if he was okay...lol..he said yea i'm fine and rode off.meanwhile your standing there holdin your ribs.Glad your okay though!