Sign in to follow this  

1st Motocross Race

Here are some pics of my first race today. 1st in my class!!

Pics

:cry: :cry: :cry: And to think we knew you when... :cry:

Careful, they'll be trying to bump you up soon! Did you at least make it look CLOSE? :cry:

Ya...haha. 7 laps!! I was arm pumped at out 3, but hung in there...it was hard to judge what place I was in because they were running 5 classes together at the same time. But it was a blast though.

Congrats on doing your first race & doing so well. By the results it looked fairly easy for you. Keep it up, you'll soon find out its very addictive. Good luck and ride/race safe. :cry:

Congrats on your fisrt win. What no pic's of you and the trophy girl? Any recommendations for someone that might want to try something like this for the first time sometime in the future(like me)? What would you have done different given the chance to turn back time? Preparation?

Good questions. I was not even prepred to do 7 laps. My best advice and what I am going to start doing for one if practice, practice, practice on staying loose on the bike. I was way to tense! Secondly I am going to prepare myself to do 10 laps on that track, so that way, hopefully I won't start to get tired at lap 3 again!! Also, when I went out for the practice session, I put some full speed laps in, HUGE mistake. Only makes ya tired, from now on for the practice I am just going to do a sighting lap to check out any change that may have occured on the track. They have early and late practice, do not go out for the early practive as it is just nothing but mud and you will spend the next 45 minutes trying to get 50 lbs of clay mud off the bike. SO I learned alot of lessons. I don't think my skill as a rider was good enough to take first, as it was placement of lines on the track. A ton of people that did not practice crashed out in the mud holes. Anyway, that is my .02.

Cool pics liquid . I went there today and loved it .Lots of people though .I'll have to hit it on a weekday next week and really get those tracks down .I looked for you but didn't see your truck .

James

First place in your very first race????

SANDBAGGER!!!! :cry: JK

Good job! :cry:

Will you be doing most of the series? I have been wanting to do these races. I just need a little encouragement and someone to hang with.

How much time have you had on a track before you entered this race? How do you enter a race like that? I have never been on a track before, I ride dez and mountains but would like to try a track maybe even a race like the one you won. :cry:

You don't necessarily need any track time. As long as you can turn corners you can handle MX.

So, just do it! (easy for me to say). :cry:

Elinore MX is every Saturday morning at 8am. They sometimes have first timer classes also. I have been thinking of doing the one this Saturday.

Oh, and I happen to have one two for one race pass for this any Elsinore MX race. Any takers?

I would take you up on that but I'm going up to Kennedy Meadows this weekend for some riding. But I'll catch up to you maybe later this month and we can meet out there and race one together. You can show me the ropes! :cry: :cry:

Two for one race pass ? Does that mean you could race two classes for the price of one or is it for two people to race for one entry fee ?

I'm interested either way .

The first "Race" was at the TT MX day at gorman and had a blast . I went to elsinore sunday and really liked the place , gonna leave work early thursday and go back .

How do signups work out there for the races ?

That means 2 people for one price. :cry:

I can't exaclty show anyone the ropes because I have never raced this particular track. But it looks fun.

My last "race" was the TT race at Gorman too!

My YZF is non-op as of last night :cry:. I need a new top end. :cry: If I can get comfortable on the CRF, I might race that. If not I might as well miss this one.

Christi20

Let me know if you'll be using the crf or if you'll be waiting a week or two .I'm riding there tomorrow and will most likely try racing there on Saturday .With your pass it would be $15 each then right :cry:.

James

:confused:I still don't know if I am going. If you go, just look for me there. I will probably be the only girl, but just in case, I drive a black F150. Has a big Chili Pepper on the back window and license plate: BAD XMPL

And, yes, it would be $15 or less. I think I can get a free race for myself and give the 2 for 1 pass away.

Sorry I can't give you a definite answer. :cry:

It's either racing or Cahuilla on the CRF.

Congratulations Liquid! :cry: I may have to join you the next time you race at Elsinore.

Sounds like you are ready for some Cajon Zone. I'm going to head out there on Saturday afternoon. What do you say, you up for it? :cry: