I'm gonna get smoked.... maybe

Hi guys, I feel my bike to be really slow lately... anyway, a friend of mine is getting a 2000 YZ125 with a 136 kit. He only weighs 110-120 lbs, I weigh 210-215, in a drag race he is going to completely smoke me. I can't wait, but I think if he rides mine and I ride his he will still smoke me. Could someone with a 262 kit pm me, I have some questions.

Well, my 250 is enough power but I want more, and I could use more in the sand. I really need better suspension becuase I'm 210-220# naked. A 450 comes factory with better suited suspension for me and more power which I would really like. I want to get some saddle time in both before I decide. I may go with a big bore kit if I don't trade, but that and a suspension job would cost a lot more than just trading.

I just put a 262 kit and a set of hotcams on both of our 04 yz250f's. Both are quicker than my 05 yz450f. They are rev monsters. They feel like the 450 does but rev much quicker.

however, the 450 has nearly twice the displacement so it has massive potential for more power. And it's forks blows the 250 forks out of the water.

Let me get this right. You want a big bore just so you can keep up/beat your friend in a drag race?!?!?!?!?!

Just ride dude, who cares who's bike is faster in a drag, its 80% rider and 20% bike, not the other way around when your're really riding ?

No, that really has nothing to do with it. These posts should have been two totally different ones. The kid I ride with doesn't ride fast anyway, he's just out there to enjoy the ride. This post was a congratulations to my friend on the new bike. Then it changed to the BB or 450.

I like the 450 but it will take some time and money to make it as fast as the 250's. They seriously reduced the power output at low rpms this year on it and in my opinion went way too far with that detuning.

It's only 12 pounds heavier than the 250, but it corners like its 50 pounds heavier. You really have to make it corner. The 250 is light and nimble feeling compared to it.

I would advise putting a 262 kit, and a set of cams from hotcams on it before trading up to a 450. There is a lot of untapped power in the 250 that you havent brought out yet.

I would advise putting a 262 kit, and a set of cams from hotcams on it before trading up to a 450. There is a lot of untapped power in the 250 that you havent brought out yet.

I would suggest before you try hopping up the 250F that you get off the cheeseburger & fry diet, gezzzzzzzzzzz your 15 and 215 lbs?

I guarantee you that if you lose 35-40 lbs you'll have no problem kicking your buddies butt on your 250F,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and you'll live longer also. ?

I would suggest before you try hopping up the 250F that you get off the cheeseburger & fry diet, gezzzzzzzzzzz your 15 and 215 lbs?

I guarantee you that if you lose 35-40 lbs you'll have no problem kicking your buddies butt on your 250F,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and you'll live longer also.

___________________________________________________________-

i know a kid in school who is 200lbs but he only looks 170 at the most! wonder wear all the fat is hiding

Oh, crap. There he goes again!

yea i no what your talking about im getting tired of hearing this guy saying that the 450 is slow. its not slow they made it so it puts the power to the ground and just hooks up. not breaks the tire loose, and if you wanted to get the tire loose im sure you can just hold it wfo.

so please yz250frider shut the F*** up ?