Sign in to follow this  

honda's XR400 VS Husky TE400

Hi guys,

i know that it's a XR forum but since i'm getting a new bike i just need to get both sides of the story so that i could make an unbiased decision.

What u guys think of the husky TE 400. I've heard that the engine is bulletproof but is it as comparable as the XR 400s reliability?

I trail often but goes to work riding my bike and would go about 110kph for maybe 100kms or so for 5 days a week.

Need something that is hassle free but at the same time does not compensate power.

The XRs are air cooled, is that good? I know it's a another thing less to take care of but what's the pros and cons of an air cooled vs a liquid cooled?

Thanks everyone in advance and would really appreciate your comments and advice.

The XR is the best "hassle free" trail bike I have ever ridden. I can ride this bike better and faster on the trail than any big bore that I have owned over the last 34 years. The Husky suspension is just awesome, but for us weekend trail riders I can't see owning a H20 cooled 4 stroke. It just does not make sense when air cooled 4 strokes work so well.

It does make sense on what u are saying cause i noticed that husky owners usually don't ride their bikes for transportation. Is it because the bike is not durable to be dualsported and would get it's engine damaged if rode at 110kph on the highway? I understand the green sticker issue but where i come from, the XRs and the TEs are legal on road and am getting one cause i love to fire trail on the weekends. So can u guys give me more info so i could decide on which bike to buy. I know it sounds helpless :cry: but yes i actually on my wits end on deciding between the 2. I had owned a KDX200 and a DTWR 200 both are 2 strokes and very high maintenance so a 4 stroke would help me breathe deeper. Thanks for your responses. :cry: