Sign in to follow this  

Footpegs?? Fastway or IMS??

I have ben riding on Fastways for ovr 2 years on my CRF. I bought the lowboy with set screws. Replaced the pivot pins once because they bent. Fastway covred them under warranty with harder / stronger pins. Set scews are fine, good grip and don't wear too quickly. Overall I like the the pegs.

Wear size 11 mx boots and fit is fine.

If you a Tall guy you can buy the IMS lowering bracket separate then put the Fastway Pegs on in the lower position.

I bought my brackets for about $30.00 from IMS directly.

The fastway's are about .25" wider than the IMS and win the bling factor competition. I'm sure the IMS are good pegs, but I won't/can't complain about the Fastways. They're one of those things that you change and don't really have much to say about because they just work; they're wide, sticky and like a sheet of plywood under your feet.

i own both Fastway and IMS before, my vote goes to Fastway- no sharp teeth poking or scratching you.

If I bought another set of pegs, I would go for the Liughtspeed's. I love the looks of them. High dollars, but good looking. Personally, I went cheap and bought the IMS superstock. They are ok. Nothing to write home about, but ok. They are not enough different than stock to make them worth buying (IMS). http://www.lightspeedperf.com/products/index.php?action=category&id=19&subid=62

Looks like Lightspeed is offering (cheaper) stainless versions, but none listed for the CRF450.

I've had Fastway's the non-insert model and the platform size was nice, but the grip wasn't that great.

I'm looking at the Pro Circuit (stainless) or IMS for my 2005.

I have the Lightspeeds and they are awesome. After 20 mm triple clamps for my 03 crf, they were the best mods I made. Fortunately I took them off before I sold it and they now are on my 05. Too bad my 05 runs like crap....

And another vote for the Fastways. I love em. Woods riding, lots of time on your feet. No problems with grip. Did I say I love em yet. :cry:

Doesn't the Fastway come with a lowboy configuration? Are you saying the IMS bracket will lower the pegs more so than the Fastway lowboy?

He's saying use the IMS bracket AND the Fastway lowboys for even lower pegs.

Please PM me and I will send you a pic of the set up.

The Fastways give you 1/2" down and 1/2" back.

The IMS bracket gave me another 1/2" or so down.

I am 6'4" and need all the room I can get.

This is the same set up I had on my CR250 and did not have trouble catching my boots up in ruts.