Sign in to follow this  

dirt in engine

I have a 04 ttr 250. Noobie rider and all of that. First day in the Wayne ran into a puddle that was deeper than the bike. Needless to say, I toasted the engine by riding it out of the woods. OUCH! whole top end and crank assy. $1200.

After awhile from getting the bike back, it started to smoke. Took to the shop. They said leakdown, etc. was cool. I insisted on a tear-down and they found the cylinder walls appeared to be washed down the rings were toast, AND there was dirt in the float bowl (like when I went swimming)

I have avoided the water/mud like the plague. So, How could this happen? I feel motor and/or breather and vent tubes weren't properly cleaned out. Any ideas? This is another couple hundred bucks and it sucks the enjoyment right out of trail riding. How does the dirt get in there? I personally think its a design thing and am looking for ways to improve the situation.

Thanks Thanks Thanks :cry:

that does suck. maby flush the entire system clean the carb motar evrything lines then try it i dont know much what esl to say :cry: