Can I do something? Or new bike

I ride a TTR125, and I want more speed. It has enough power for me but I want to go faster. Is there anything I can do? Or should I just get another bike. And if so I am only 5'2 and weigh 100 pounds, what would be a good bike? I think a TTR225 would be okay, but there is a massive weight difference.

You dont want a 225. The ttr125 was a good bike on yamis part. The 225 is a slow, heavy, fat peice of crap. Id go for a KX100. Either that or a 125 if you can handle it, or an 85.

I have to agree that the 225 is probably not for you, unless you do alot of trail riding (slow and smooth). It is by no means a piece of crap though. Just purpose built. To make that statement is unfair and uneducated. It's not a competition bike, but it's not meant to be either. Your size will be a big factor in a faster bike. Probably have to go with a 2 stroke 80cc to get a bike you can touch the ground and still go faster. Another option would be going to a big bore kit like a 150, some other hop ups and keep the bike. Good luck wiith the new ride.

You dont want a 225. The ttr125 was a good bike on yamis part. The 225 is a slow, heavy, fat peice of crap. Id go for a KX100. Either that or a 125 if you can handle it, or an 85.

I have to agree that the 225 is probably not for you, unless you do alot of trail riding (slow and smooth). It is by no means a piece of crap though. Just purpose built. To make that statement is unfair and uneducated. It's not a competition bike, but it's not meant to be either. Your size will be a big factor in a faster bike. Probably have to go with a 2 stroke 80cc to get a bike you can touch the ground and still go faster. Another option would be going to a big bore kit like a 150, some other hop ups and keep the bike. Good luck wiith the new ride.

I wouldnt recommend the 225 to my worst enemy. Its not even that good of a trail bike. The CRF230 is a better bike by ten fold. Handling, wheel travel, and power, the CRF comes out on top. The TTR is hard to manuever through tight trails. Anything other then wide, easy trails, the TTR sucks. And dont try to jump it. Youd bottom an a whoop. ?