Sign in to follow this  

Rode the Corral Creek trail up to Hex Mtn.........OMG

That trail was the toughest I can remember being on recently. Far worse then anything at Naches. Took us 4 hours to go seven miles. There was absolutly no traction to be had and ended up pushing the bikes up the mountain. God I am tired. 😢

It was raining and very loose. After a good nights sleep I am left thinking that it wasn't all that bad. The only part that I walked was the steep, loose part at the top. But the combination of no traction and steep incline made for a almost impossible push up the mountain. Bike just spun, spun and spun. Once you get past that top layer of dirt/rock there is nothing but slate.

It was my buddy that had the real problems. He is on a kx 250 that normally has great low end for a 2 smoke but it just happens that I had a PC pipe laying around so I stuck it on for this ride and it moved all the low end up to a hard upper mid hit. The end results reminded me of riding a 2 smoke 80 where you either ride in the powerband or bog and die. The bike went from a fairly good trails bike to a bike that is all but unridable in the Cascades. Granted, the bike would be a blast at Tahuya or Capital forest since you don't need low end there. Needless to say the PC comes off and the stocker goes back on. 😢