Sign in to follow this  

Rode Taneum instead of Lake Wenatchee (Goose Creek)

After reviewing the weather report for Stevens pass I decided not to do the TT ride today 10/9/04. The report said up to 4"s of snow.

The weather report for Taneum said partly cloudy with 30% chance of rain. I met Jay at the Junction. As I pulled in Ron (4WheelingPlus)

was right behind me on his XR650L. Ron couldn't stay he just did a short dual sport ride to the Junction to test out his new jetting and

say hi and bye.

Jay and I were both riding XR650Rs. I had installed a Rekluse Z-Start auto-clutch on Jays bike and mounted a Michelin X11 Trials tire on it. This

was his first opportunity to ride it since I did the work on it and he really loved it. Now he says he only wants the Edelbrock carb like I

have to complete his setup. I bet he springs for the E-Start also before it's all done and said. :cry: :cry: :cry:

We did a short loop from the Junction heading out on Trail 1326 all the way to Windy Pass. We then dropped down to the Taneum

shelter on 1377 and took 1377 all the way back to the Junction. A total of 31.9 miles. The trail was perfect, great traction. It was

drizzling on and off but no major downpours. We did not get soaked and the temperature was comfy all day long.

This is Trail 1326 on the way to Windy Pass we had ridden right up into the clouds (fog).

ACF1EB3.JPG

ACF1EB0.JPG

Here is Jay in the Taneum Shelter eating a candy bar.

ACF1EAB.JPG

Here is my XR650R parked outside the Shelter. It started raining a little while we were eating lunch in the Shelter.

ACF1EAE.JPG

It was fun. :cry: Hey guys, how did the ride out of the Goose Creek Campground turn out. Did ya get any snow?

OMT

We were wondering what happend to you. We did about 50 mile and had a great ride. It was snowing a little on Alder ridge but not enough to matter. Will post some pic. later.

Glad to see that you too were able to get a good ride in. :cry:

Wow, sounds like a really good time at Goose Creek. Too bad I missed the gang. Its always fun riding with you guys. We did have a good time at Taneum but it looks like I missed out on my last chance this season for Goose Creek. It will be exciting looking forward to next summer at Lake Wenatchee. :cry:

OMT

We were wondering what happend to you. We did about 50 mile and had a great ride. It was snowing a little on Alder ridge but not enough to matter. Will post some pic. later.

Glad to see that you too were able to get a good ride in. :cry: