Sign in to follow this  

The Suzuki curse!

you have to start considering whether there is any truth to this or not. Ricky Carmichael, motocross god that he is, wins every single moto of the outdoor season on a Honda, leaves them, races a suzuki, finishes 2nd the 1st night of the US open, DNF the second night due to a mechanical, get this, 2 laps from the end of the race while again running 2nd to Reed. Sheese.

:cry:

Suzuki can't buy a championship. :cry:

Not near as bad as a KTM curse - it forced MC and Langston to "retire".

No he's on the rm250. Can anyone remember the last race Ricky DNF'd? :cry:

You know, I seem to recall one other "superstar" that dnf'd due to mechanical reasons that was able to get out from under it by saying the "bike dnf'd." :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't think Suzuki has a curse, I just think they build crappy bikes. I was so disappointed this year to see Davey Milsaps keep dnf'ing due to breakdowns... I have to wonder where he would have finished the year on red or blue.

yup suzuki builds crappy bikes, interesting that the rm250 was rated best 250 of the year. I guess yamaha must build really crappy bikes then :cry:

yeah hondas is crappy cuz them sux and so is dem ktm's krappey.

he's only had the bike 2 weeks :cry: you folks are a little bit impatient, imo.

at that level it takes more than a couple of clicks on an adjuster to win. reed's had the whole year to dial in his bike.

as much as i like the competition and blue, don't worry, suzuki will get their act together. give decoster and co a little bit more time and suzuki will be a team to recon with.

Guys, you have to remember all the magizines do it ride them a FEW times, while not racing on a track. They think suzuki may be the best bike, but they dont know how it holds up to a champion pinning it wide open trying to get the gold. :cry:

I will be curious to find out why the Suzuki DNF'ed.

Could be crash damage or someting breaking.

250 2-strokes still seem to be the bike of choice for indoor riding.

Considering Chad and Ricky both crashed during the race, sounds like the course was slick or the riders were pushing hard.

Reed was besting RC two years ago, RC had work to do on catching Reed and getting his RM sorted out. RC showed in the outdoors it's not a fear of going fast.

Guys, you have to remember all the magizines do it ride them a FEW times, while not racing on a track. They think suzuki may be the best bike, but they dont know how it holds up to a champion pinning it wide open trying to get the gold. :cry:

motocross action magazine races the new bikes when they test them. they know what bike is best...trust 'em.

So which bike did MXA rate the best?

so far they have only done the two-strokes. they like the yz125 best...actually they call it the best two-stroke ever made, and they think the rm250 is the best big bike. i agree.

I also think that yamaha has paid mxa the most they've ever been paid. Sure the aluminum frame is very very nice but we gotta give it at least a half season to see how it holds up.

The last time I remember Ricky crashing was on his CR250, at San Diego SX, 2003.

The last time Ricky DNFed a race, as I recall, was the first race he ever did on a Honda. He bit it BIG, and LaRocco ran over his leg too. He was bloody nosed and beat up.

RC looped it out once on his Honda too in an SX. Busted his visor all up and had to ride the race with his visor hanging in his right side vision.

I don't think many teams think that the US open is the end all greatest thing since the wheel was created. Guys, its a no points race on a crappy track!! :cry:

Do you tink Bubba would have sat the race out if it was important? :cry: :cry:

Though Im not a big Suzy fan, look at the GNCC (3-4hr) race

in conditions the moto guys would cry over and the RM has won (Rodney Smith) like 4 of the last 5yr's so to call the RM unreliabl is just not true.