Sign in to follow this  

'04 CRF 450/'03 YZF 450

Just rode my old YZF today. I let my friend who I sold it to ride my CRF while I rode my old bike. Man, with my stage 1 Hot Cam, and 488 kit, there's no comparison! Nothing like power on demand! My CRF may make me a little more tired now (boo-koo hp!), but it's a blast to ride, and my suspension is spot on. The YZF felt like it transmitted more vibration to my arms and felt more "stiff" in comparison to my CRF (Flexx Bars!). The YZF with the stock exhaust had no where near the "get up and go" that my CRF has. My friend was so impressed with the ergos of my bike (flexx bars, rubber mounts, suspension, Fastway pegs) that he said he could really see himself riding red (die hard Yammie guy!). :cry:

Interesting post. Can you give a more detailed run-down on what aftermarket pieces you have on your CRF?

you know tim i am not realy brand loyle ( even thoe i have had at least one if not two new honda mxers every year since 1973s elsinor)----but i ride everthing out there and i let my die hard buddys (yellow and blue)--ride one of my red bikes and its not long before they have one -------the dam honda stuff is hard to beat---------man my 05 450 is quite abit better in alot of catagories than my 04,---i realy did not think it would be that much better--------dam hondas there good--------but i gota say that the 05 yz 250 premix bike is very good for yamaha and the 2 stroke i just love the motor its unreal ,-----its almost 4 stroke like and the suspension finally came out of the dark ages.

TFB CRF 450:

FLexx bars, Applied triple clamps, SDG tall seat, ASV levers, Works skid plate, EBC OS front rotor, Ride Engineering stainless brakelines, Athena 488cc kit, Hot Cams stage 1 cam, Twin Air back fire screen and filter, PC axle blocks, Fastway F3 pegs and clutch cable bracket, Enzo suspension, Ironman sprocket, Regina O-ring chain, Jemco Exhaust, Rad hubs with Excel rims, Buchanan spokes, Hinson clutch basket and pressure plate. That's about it I think. . . :cry: