Sign in to follow this  

Max output Q?

Does anyone know the maximum STOC horsepower and torgue values for my new stock DRX400S? I can't find it anywhere on the web or in the booklets that came with my package. Since TT is the place to learn, thought I'd ask. Thanks guru-dudes!

June 2000 Cycle World magazine rated the 2000DRZ-S at 32.7 HP @ 7900 RPM and torque at 24.6 @ 6150 RPM.This i believe to be at the wheel.Not many dirt bike mags always publish these figures, since Cycle World is more street bike,they would normally measure this.. :cry:

Has their been any changes since 2000 to the base configuration? Mine is a true '04 (bought last month but made last Jan. '04 (in contrast to an '04 built in the summer of '03). :cry: Sorry. Back to HP- someone else just wrote they put out 40+ uncorked, or 35-38 stock. :cry: My question basically is this: Since they've been on the market since '02, has Suzi tweaked them to put out like any more than when 1st introduced? :cry:

Burned, since you're "The Man," with a huge following based upon what I read around here (remember,I'm a new-guy to this forum [but I intend to stay!] :cry: I heard (read) :cry: you're a Master Mechanic. If so, can you tell me if it's true that if I were to install a set of "Kouba Links" that would lower my frame a bit (I'm 5'8", old and shrinking) would I have to alter my front end also, to keep the bike stable?

yes,the amount of lowering depends on wich version you use.

be advised that the link put extra leverage on the shock and requires a stiffer shock spring.

the Kouba links for the DRZ come in three lengths ... the DRZ 1 link lowers about .75", and you should/can lower the forks a like amount. the other two links lower up to a max of 1.75.

As burned said,, it will effectively lower the spring rate though.. Plus,, you lower the frame and suspension,, which tends to allow it to bottom out and drag a bit more.

I run the drz-1 link, it does allow a lower seat height, but I pay for it in suspension setup.

With the smallest like, what do you mean you have to pay for it up front? Can you keep the same spring/shock if I used the smallest/shortest dogbone they got? I dont want to change the spring too! Any more costs and my wife is going to spring for a divorce! :cry:

the Kouba links for the DRZ come in three lengths ... the DRZ 1 link lowers about .75", and you should/can lower the forks a like amount. the other two links lower up to a max of 1.75.

As burned said,, it will effectively lower the spring rate though.. Plus,, you lower the frame and suspension,, which tends to allow it to bottom out and drag a bit more.

I run the drz-1 link, it does allow a lower seat height, but I pay for it in suspension setup.

Not to go off topic, but does anyone make one to make it taller? If so, what effects would it have on the suspension? :cry:

Does anyone know the maximum STOC horsepower and torgue values for my new stock DRX400S? I can't find it anywhere on the web or in the booklets that came with my package. Since TT is the place to learn, thought I'd ask. Thanks guru-dudes!

I am going to take my 04 drz400s with full yosh and 145 main jet down to RMC and have it dyno'd I'll post my numbers :cry:

yes,the amount of lowering depends on wich version you use.

be advised that the link put extra leverage on the shock and requires a stiffer shock spring.

I can see that if I got the longest one (more leverage), but would the shortest link require new sping/shock too?