Sign in to follow this  

Front Disk Brake- TTR125LE

Took my front tire off (2003 TTR125LE) to have it laced up with excel rims.

Got my tire back, but when I went to put it on I found that my front brake pads were stuck together? :cry:

Don't know how this happened but I can't get the disk between them to get my tire back on. Checked the Manual and doesn't mention anything about it. Couldn't even find instructions to change the pads? Was afraid to force them a part as I don't want to damage anything. What do I need to do? Please HELP!

Someone must have pulled the brake lever. You should be fine by just putting a flathead screwdriver in between them and turning. If it doesn't seem to be working though don't force it.

all that's happened is that the brake pistons in the brake caliper have slide out (they do this naturally over time if there isn't a rotor to press up against, or if the brake lever was squeezed while the wheel was off). i have carefully pried the pads apart with a flat blade screw driver (try not to mar the brake pad surface), and i've also pushed the pistons back in by tightening a c-clamp over the caliper body and the exposed back side of the brake pads. this probably would even be easier if you removed part of the caliper body that swings out of the way when you are changing pads, but ussually i'm just intested in getting the brake caliper back on as fast as possible.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks for the help. I filed an old screwdriver down pretty flat and was able to get the pads apart. :cry:

Appreciate all the help, you guys are great!

..now if it would just stop raining!