Sign in to follow this  

Can you put a headlight on a xr100?

Hey everyone, i have a 2000 xr100 and i want to put a headlight in it. The only thing is, i dont know if i can put a batterie on my bike. The other day, i noticed a few wires coming out of the engine on the left, is there some sort of coil or something in there that will generate power? If there was, then i could just hook up the haedlight to it. Thanks

Well, if they made a healdight for the XL80 I would imagine it is possible the stator is interchangeable, and if not, find an XL100 stator that has a lighting output.

XL80:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2493269632&category=50012&sspagename=WDVW

As you may know the XL is the street legal version of the XR, and has the ability to power lights and recharge the battery.

ok, i found out some information. I forgot i had a baja designs book. :cry: well, i found out that a xr100's stock stator puts out 0 Watts, and baja designs has a rewind kit for it that will make it have 120 Watts. This is $90.00 well, i guess i found out on my own, thanks for your help anyways :cry:

If you plan on waiting only one day for a response, then you might have to figure it out on you own. BUt if you could have waited until today, because most people post monday thru friday while they are at work :cry:, you would have got you answer. Yes, Baja Designs sells a really cool kit. I think some where on my site there's a article on it. Glad you found the answer yourself. Also, do searches in this forum, we pretty much covered everything possible for the XR100.

Yes,

You can put a headlight your XR-100 very easily. I covered this in a few past posts. YOu can either A buy a lighting coil stator from ricky stator or rewind the empty poles on your stock stator for your lights. I have a web link that I can send to you if intrested. I use xr250 headlight and UFO tail lights on my conversions. I'd rewind the stock stator and save yourself the money.

-Matt

By the way, has anybody ever hooked up a battery to their xr100? or any other bike that did not come with a battery stock. I think i might want to get a battery for it instead.