Sign in to follow this  

My First Mods - Pics (hopefully)

Getting ready for my first off-road excursion next weekend with the - new to me - DRZ400S. My Clarke tank and Acerbis rear tail-light just arrived (and is now working - thanks to some help from TT'ers). Just waiting for my case-savers and new speedo to arrive - hopefully this week.

Here's the bike with the new parts (I know the blue hand guards look odd - but they were on it when I bought the bike.

075c8432.jpg

Here's the top view...

d4d84f62.jpg

Rear view - the clarke tak is not much wider than stock..

c1f3c3fa.jpg

Here's the Acerbis enduro taillight

DSC02050.jpg

Another view

88cc12a0.jpg

Can't wait to get it all dirty!!!

Happy :cry: Thanksgiving!!!

Chris

:cry:

I do love me some Clarke tanks :cry: And nice work on the pics! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Congrats on the loop - glad to hear it's just the taillight that broke.

The taillight change is a pretty straight-forward job. The Acerbis unit fit almost perfectly - I only trimmed it a little plastic on each side to fit over the rear sub-frame. If you are keeping the rear turn signals on you will have to relocate them as they are currently mounted to the taillight assembly. BTW, my Acerbis unit didn't come with a bulb - but the stock one did fit.

I picked up some male-female connectors from Radio Shack and used them to connect the light.

If I were to do it again, I think it would take about 35 minutes. I'd budget an hour for a first try.

Good-luck.

Chris :cry: