Sign in to follow this  

RC at Maxxis US open, What happened?

He crashed twice in the second moto, and his RM250 broke.

Reed smoked him on both motos. Yellow doesn't look good on him so far, LOL :cry: Maybe he is not adjusted to the yellow :excuseme:bike yet.

Okay, i'll give u guys ktms and we'll see how well u keep up on the trail. Maybe he needs to adjust to the new bike? I don't recall him throwing his leg over a honda and winning his first race. He wouldn't have switched if the bikes were crap.

Okay, i'll give u guys ktms and we'll see how well u keep up on the trail.

? what does that mean? i instantly starting winning races when i got a ktm.

Reed smoked him on both motos.

I listened to the Friday race and although Reed won, RC was within a few bike lengths the entire moto (and led the first few laps).

On Saturday night, Reed won again, but RC matched his fastest lap time.

I would not call that getting "smoked."

However, Davi Millsaps DID get smoked by Greg Schnell and Tommy Hahn. It seems hard to justify a factory ride for a last place rider. :cry:

He wouldn't have switched if the bikes were crap.

I don't think Suzuki's are crap but RC had not ridden the RM250 when he signed. He would be in breach of contract if he would have gotten on another bike other than Honda. So there was no way of him knowing whether or not the bikes were crap or not.

Reed is just showing what the best strokes built to this day can do..I dont care what the magazines said, Yamis are the way to go on 2 strokes plain and simple. Besides it says right in the Mags that zuki copyed Yamaha I read that myself. :cry:

I don't think Suzuki's are crap but RC had not ridden the RM250 when he signed. He would be in breach of contract if he would have gotten on another bike other than Honda.

I the Cycle News interview RC stated he rode Mike Brown's Yamaha in '03.

IMO at this level these guys need to have everything working at 100% to be competitive. He has very little time on the RM compared to Reed and his Yamaha. I think when RC gets more comfortable on the bike he'll be right there, if not half a lap in front

The Suzucky RC was riding had a clutch failure. Supposedly it was affecting his performance from about he mid-point of the race onwards which was about the time Reed started closing up on him. When he fell it was because the clutch just wasn't working. The full story is at www.motoworldracing.com.

RC will take some times to adjust on the new bike.

i still remembered he had some problem when he just ride on the RED bike.

he will be back. :cry:

come on people, think about it. you cannot attribute clutch failure on a pro racing bike to the bike manufacturer. ricky carmichael has a complete aftermarket clutch assembly from the lever and cable to the plates and springs. if i'm not mistaken, RC uses a Hinson clutch system. so why is nobody insinuating that Hinson builds shitty clutches? because you all know deep down that mechanical failures are just part of racing and everyone wants to sensationalize the situation.

but in reality, you simply cannot blame suzuki for a clutch failure on RC's bike. you can blame Hinson if you're desperate to point the finger, or perhapse his mechanic if you want to get more personal, but to my mind it would be more reasonable to point your finger at fate.

fate.jpg

come on people, think about it. you cannot attribute clutch failure on a pro racing bike to the bike manufacturer. ricky carmichael has a complete aftermarket clutch assembly from the lever and cable to the plates and springs. if i'm not mistaken, RC uses a Hinson clutch system. so why is nobody insinuating that Hinson builds shitty clutches? because you all know deep down that mechanical failures are just part of racing and everyone wants to sensationalize the situation.

but in reality, you simply cannot blame suzuki for a clutch failure on RC's bike. you can blame Hinson if you're desperate to point the finger, or perhapse his mechanic if you want to get more personal, but to my mind it would be more reasonable to point your finger at fate.

fate.jpg

WEll said, SM. :cry: