Sign in to follow this  

Odometer cable got ripped out

Was ridin in the woods today and a stick got stuck in the odometer cable and ripped it out of the piece on the axle. I put it back in, there was a slot on one piece, and a metal piece inside the piece on the axle piece that it fit on. But its not working anymore. Mileage isnt changing at all. Any ideas? Thanks guys

Trail Tech Endurance + billet drive eliminator from Barnum's = around $100.00. Lighter, no cables, and speed and other functions. IMHO

I had the same exact thing happen to me. I tried regreasing parts, cleaning them, lubing the cable , and puttering with them but none of them have worked. I would suggest you buy a whole new system.

-----------

1987 Xr250r- 909 Team talls, Millville tires, maier

plastics, ufo universal mx fender, cycra bark busters, k&n airfilter,white brothers e-series, snorkel removed, and many more experiments.

1961 Honda 90

unscrew the cable from the back of the odometer. Put the front wheel in a stand, rotate the wheel and see if the little cable is turning. It probably isnt. The internal cable is sold seperately from the entire cable.

And its only $4 bucks. I've bought two, because I either didnt tighten the screw or forgot to put it back entirely. Thats including finding it on the grouned once :cry:

remove the cable , lift the front wheel off the ground, rotate it and see if the drive tab is rotating, if that part is working , then check and see if your cable is broken, the cable assembly can be changed , i just had mine screw up , i changed the drive gear, , drive washer, and cable, it sounds like just a new cable in your case will do the trick,

stu