Sign in to follow this  

TTR 230

Anybody got info on the 230? its been out I think, anybody ride one yet? I wanna know if they are worth sellin my 225 an workin alittle an gettin one of those 😢

Dude, they're not even out yet. Damn, I'm sick of hearing about the damn things. Don't sell your 225 for one, cause it couldn't be much better.

Here we go again with 230. Other than a new body styling and about 30lbs. less weight they are basicly the same. Oh yeah the cost about $3300.

Yeah, i know they arnt much better, i have an 04, the power is fine, i can pull wheelies in 4th no problem, but i cant jump it, iv bottomed out so many times, if i keep riding the way i do im gunna break the bike, im thinking if i sell it now an get a reasonable price for it because its still new it wont take me long to work off the difference for an 05 complete new bike, unless you guyz have any suggestions on a better bike, im no MX jumper, an i love trails, but i like flying too. also im not rich like alot of people on this sight so money IS a factor. Any suggestions would he hot 😢

how about a yz125/250 or a ktm exc 300....the 1st two have great suspension and the last 1 ive heard is 1 of the best trail bikes

Forget the 2 strokes. If you have been on a 4-stroke all this time, then stick with it. I would get a Yamaha YZF250. The best bike out there on the market! But it might throw you on your ass if your not used to the power. It's a lot faster than that piece of [@#$%&*!] 225! 😢

ya masel stick with the 225 itle save u some money and u can use that extra money u saved and get a performance pipe bore it out some and youle get a goooood 230. 30 pounds nothin to wory about

Yeah, i know they arnt much better, i have an 04, the power is fine, i can pull wheelies in 4th no problem, but i cant jump it, iv bottomed out so many times, if i keep riding the way i do im gunna break the bike, im thinking if i sell it now an get a reasonable price for it because its still new it wont take me long to work off the difference for an 05 complete new bike, unless you guyz have any suggestions on a better bike, im no MX jumper, an i love trails, but i like flying too. also im not rich like alot of people on this sight so money IS a factor. Any suggestions would he hot 😢

Okay, somehow a bike that ways 30 pounds less with revised suspension and a new frame design ISN'T much better than the older version which is a heavy stripped down dualsport? 😢 :cry:

Pulling wheelies in 4th no problem? 😢🤣 If I do it right on my modded WR250 I can sometimes do this. My DR650 weighs a bit more than that 225 and 2nd gear wheelies are almost impossible. You can't be talking full blown balanced wheelies. Maybe the tire popping 2 inches off the ground at best. 😢

If you want a better bike and you aren't loaded, get a TTR250, or a DRZ250. More suspension and power and only about $1000 more.

The TTR230 is powered by an air-cooled, 223cc four-stroke motor. The bike has electric start, a six-speed gearbox, a 34.8-inch seat height, and boasts a dry weight of 242 pounds. 230.jpg

More info.

TTR230

TTR225

Compare the stats. These two bikes aren't even close to the same bike chassis wise. They haven't listed the compression for the 230 either, so it might have a bit more power if they went to a 10.1 comp ratio. We'll see.

I've heard nothing but good things with the CRF 230 so why would the TTR 230 be a POS? I'm asking because I'm looking at the TTR 230 or the CRF 230 for my wife...... 😢

We're not saying that the 230 will be a POS, we're saying that if you already own a 225 that selling it for a 230 is not worth it. The bike will be good, but it won't be a TTR or WR 250

Yeah, i understand what your sayin, im thinking about snoopin around for a used 250, thated be sweet, yeah i can pull wheelies in 4th, ballenced too at around 40mph im 16 5'10 at 150 lbs im not a big strong dude either, just work the revs right an the bike works it for yeh. iv riden 2 strokes before, they are alot of fun.... If you have the room i have no place to open up, id just go through a million spark plugs. Thanks for the replies i apreciate it

I've heard nothing but good things with the CRF 230 so why would the TTR 230 be a POS? I'm asking because I'm looking at the TTR 230 or the CRF 230 for my wife...... 😢

Both are great wife/gf bikes. A bit heavy, but the seat height and E start will make them feel better about riding without the fear of dumping and straining to kick start.

Don't get me wrong, I think they might have tried to improve some things on it, but when they actually come out and you ride one I think they're basically gonna still be the same bike.

Go for the 230..... The 225 is a relic, and the 230 will be a much improved bike, without a doubt.

He's just saying because the 225/230 aren't super speed racer bikes, and they aren't good enough for a hot shot racing loud mouth like him 😢

I'd bet he's never even rode one.

That's probably true. I hate people talking out of their asses. 😢