Sign in to follow this  

Bladder disabled = worthy woods weapon

The difference is absolutely amazing.

No longer does the front end bounce me off the trail. Rock and root deflections are a thing of the past.

I can still hit the large whoops as hard as before and yet still crawl thought the nastiest sections with easy.

Well worth the investment.......which was nothing but time.

Joe

glad to hear it's workin out for ya, i was lucky enough to "get used" to the suspension without any mods (besides clicker settings) but I was considering doing this mod.

I tried to tell ya'll this before. I have been doing this mod since KYB tried it the first time. :thumbsup:doc

Indeed you did. I followed your instructions with no reserve and absolutely can not believe the difference.

I also droped my fluid level from 83mm stock to 112mm.

Excellent , excellent mod.

Cheers

Joe

what are we talking about

give a read HERE

Removing 2 washers and a spring from inside the forks.

Completely takes away the harshness.

Joe

I tried to tell ya'll this before. I have been doing this mod since KYB tried it the first time. :thumbsup:doc

Indeed you did. I followed your instructions with no reserve and absolutely can not believe the difference.

Cheers

Joe

What does this mean? Did you add oil or removed oil??

And why?

Thanks for the info!

I would like to do it myself!

Did the oil drop or the bladder make the difference?

How well woudl this mod wormk for mx/sx riding?

My forks are VERY harsh on small chop and braking bumps

They must be made better

Thanks

Cheers

Joe

What does this mean? Did you add oil or removed oil??

And why?

Thanks for the info!

I would like to do it myself!

I used less oil.

Joe

Did the oil drop or the bladder make the difference?

How well woudl this mod wormk for mx/sx riding?

My forks are VERY harsh on small chop and braking bumps

They must be made better

Thanks

I can't be 100% sure as I did both changes at the same time.Very unllke me.

On my other bike, with non-bladder forks, I dropped the oil level and did not notice as great of a difference.

I would have to say disabling the bladders make the biggest change.

As far as mx/as..........can't say.

I ride relatively hard in a non-competive fashion through the forest and tackle some very nasty terrain. I hit rocks and roots at varying speeds over all sorts of unlevel grades. Since I've disabled the bladders I don't even know they're there. I'm much faster and confident.

There are several places with long streches of whoops that are about 3' deep. I hit them with no hisitation or harshness.

I say go for it.

The one thing I make sure of when mod'n my bikes is that the changes are reversable. That way if I don't like it,,,,,,,,,I put it back the way it was.

Oh ya......and this one's free.

Joe

I had my fronts revalved and ride only ride ms and ax, is it worth while for me to try this mod or skip it altogether

Can't say as my valves are stock.

But like I said before.......it's reversable and free.

Joe

I thought they stopped using the bladder fork in 02.Does the f still have it.

I've got an RMZ '05 on order. I can't tell if the forks are exactly the same as the 04.

Anyone know if the forks on the '05 have a bladder?

Thanks.

Oooops!

Sorry to have jumped the gun.

This off the Suzuki site abou the RMZ '05:

"Kayaba 48mm inverted, bladder-style front fork with special valve system to optimize internal pressure and damping performance throughout the stroke"

This will be one of the first mods I do when the bike is out of the crate.

Thanks again.

Has anyone used this mod riding motocross and supercross ? I suffer from the front end being too harsh on the smaller choppy bumps and it can't be cured with the clickers. If the bladder valve is disable what part of the compression/rebound stroke does it affect ? Will it blow through the stroke or does it give more control back to the compression clicker ?

I tried the disable bladder mod today and it is better. Thank you Shockdoc for the mod and Bucket for the pics. Thanks guys. :cry: The fork doesn't blow through the stroke and still has good bottoming resistance. (I tested this fully today by purposely hammering the front a few times.) The small chop now is gone. I think my clickers are around the 12 to 14 range. (I forgot, just clicked them around until, until I was tired of clicking them around.) Front isn't perfect, but it is better with the bladders dis-abled. The mod is subtle, you really can't tell through the bigger hits, except the small chop stuff, YOU CAN TELL. You can't feel the small chop and the front tracks better through the sweepers. Thanks again.

I agree with the above. I did the mod and rode it yesterday on a big fast motocross track. It has some fairly large jumps, high speed ruts/bumps and some supercross style jumps (straight up and then down). The fork handles it fine and the harshness was gone. I wouldn't call it plush but it definitely solved the problem. I was able to ride longer without getting knocked up. It worked well on a tighter track where the front end used to jump about when cornering, that is gone now. Thankyou Shockdoc.