Sign in to follow this  

04 wr450 off idle bog

have 04 wr450 only about three hours on it and it has a bog just as you twist throttle, off idle bog once past that it seems to run very well, did some free mods the throttle stop, grey wire and just took the insert out of the stock pipe thats it, i am at about 400 ft above sea level just took it to 2800 ft did same thing, air screw at 1-1/2 turns and changed the main from 165 to 160 then to 170 it seemed to like the 165 main better in the rest of the last 3/4 of the circiut messed with the fuel screw no change. whats left the pilot jet and needle, clip position . i think it has a 45 pilot jet, cant tell if the bog is rich or lean, thanks for the help guys

Odds are that your bog is due to a lean condition, mine was.... Ayway, to tell if this is true, Make your pilot circuit insanely rich with your pilot screw and ride it and test. If the bog is somewhat better, that means that the condition was due to a lean condition.

To eliminate bog, you have to have your jetting spot on. Then and only then can you look at other circuits, i.e the A.P linkage.

hope this helps