Sign in to follow this  

Extended Warranty

I did a search but I did not find an answer. I just got the 05 CRF250 and am considering the warranty. Will it cover the valves going out of spec and any oil problems.

THANKS!!

jasonb0816,

I saw you on a previous post about purchase prices. Where did you end up buying your bike and what did it cost you? As far as a warranties go, I contacted LA Cycle Sports and asked them about a warranty or extended warranties and stated my concerns with the valve issues. Their reply was " There are no warranties offered on that bike. Honda did address many of the engine issues with the 05s."

Obviously not the valve issues if people are still having problems.

I am not sure what would be covered if you actually got a warranty but I am curious. I would call and ask. Let me know what they say. I hope to pick one up in a few weeks. :cry:

As far as I know there are NO warranties available for the R as it is a closed course competition bike.

Dano

I just bought a new KTM 85SX for my son. While I was in the office waiting for the paperwork, they sell Hondas too, I picked up the flyer that Honda puts out on extended warranty. In small print at the bottom it said the warranty was NOT offered on CR or CRF models.

I got mine from Berts.

They offered a 2 year extended warranty for $420. I said no thanks but I'm not sure if I should have. But I have a feeling that if the valves go out they would say it's over reved or not taken care of. So I checked at service Honda and it looks like you could replace all 4 valves for about $150. Still not sure if I should go back and ask for the warranty?????????????????????

If it's an extended warranty of the type offered with consumer electronics, used cars or power tools, remember that the companies offering these are doing it to make money. After the cost of the extended warranty there is usually a deductible. There are often a lot of conditions applied. The odds are that you as the consumer will rarely come out ahead. On a positive note, Honda replacement parts are priced reasonably. Many pieces are half the price of a comparable Yamaha part. I have been pleasantly surprised at the cost of parts the few times I have needed them for my 250X. Incidentally, the only parts I've needed to purchase in 3000 miles are the ones broken in crashes which no warranty would ever cover.