Sign in to follow this  

1st race on a DRZ-S

Hola,

Two weeks ago entered a race on my stock DRZ-S. The local MX park had rider appreciation day, race first class for free. My KTM was broken and I was too lazy to fix it before the race so I decided to enter my Diesel. Can't pass up a free race! Let me tell you, I am not a MX'er. I run 2 or 3 woods races a year and 1 or 2 MXs. I run 250 beginner on my KTM 200 and will finish 5th or 6th generally. (read I'm slow) I entered my stock DRZ in the "enduro" class. You can run anything intended for woods racing or trail riding. I lined up with a KDX 200, WR 250F, 2 CRF 230, and a couple of XR,s, ages 16 to 61. The first moto I got the holeshot and lead the whole race. I thought I was a stud until I found out the KDX got caught in the gate, a CRF looped out and one XR stalled on the start. My friends accused me of sandbagging, probably, Cheating, definitly-I was the only one who could not turn off my headlight so I could see the track.

2nd Moto- Snagged the holeshot again but spun out in the 4th turn. The whole field passed me. Worked my way throught the field. Passed the last kid with a lap and a half to go. The second place was a 16 year old on a CRF 230. This Crazy kid was clearing a 75ft. table top with a stock suspension. Oh to be young a dumb again.

Well got may first trophy on a dirt bike. I won one at a harescamble earlier this year, 3rd place C-Vet, but I didn't stay around to get it.

Thanks for humoring an old man and letting me brag.

JL

:cry:

Being (what kids say is) old myself, I can see why you're happy. Satisfaction is the only trophy I need, I want cash.

:lol:Now that you have found a true winner of a bike, you need to sell that KTM for retirement money. :cry: