Sign in to follow this  

250 bogging after puddles

I have a pretty much brand new bone stock 2003 xr250, and it rode perfect all through summer. Now that winter is around and I live in Washington, I have to ride through deep puddles constantly. Almost every big puddle that I go through the bike will bog down and die unless I keep the RPM's extremely high or just barely creep through the puddle. I went riding today and the bike died probably fifteen times from water. Is there anything I can do? Is there something I should seal up? Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks!

Brock

Well, if I go through a puddle that is anywhere near a foot deep, it dies. Basically, if water splashes up nomatter how deep the puddle, it will try to die. So you think it is just a problem with MY bike?

Thanks.

I got the same problem. I guess it is a washington thing?? I do my best to wheelie over the puddles, but obviously that is impossible. So, i just keep the revs up.

check you carb vents , if you dont have proper venting from the top and bottom, often what happens the bottom gets plugged with water, and prevents the carb from operating properly.

It is also possible that the vents are clogged on the carb, even if the hoses are not clogged, it does not take much.

stu