Sign in to follow this  

Yosh head pipe color

My yosh's head pipe is turning a deep bronze color in the sharp part of the bend. Is this a normal color for these headers or am I running rich? Bike runs fine jetting wise.

seems pretty normal. mine does that and so did my friends drz with a fmf quiet pipe. eventually the whole thing except for the silencer part of the exhuast will turn that color.

The headpipe will tend to change color due to the heat. Therefore if you are running lean, doing a lot of idleing, going slow up a hill, running in sand or mud, or doing anything else to allow your bike to build up heat it will turn blue/purple especially closer to the head. I find that the first few inches will be blue but I try to keep the rest showing the bronze tint. So far I haven't got my muzzy hot enough to blue after the first step, but then again I was running a little rich. We'll see what happens next week :cry:

I know that its not lean since there is not a hint of blue or purple anywhere on the pipe. I just did not know if the header normally turns such a deep bronze color. Sounds normal judging by responses... :cry: