Sign in to follow this  

rant ranT raNT rANT RANT

rant.gifWell a short rant.

Made it 6.9 miles today before my bike started making a nasty clattering from the top end. My motor has less than 10 hours on it and its been running awesome until today. So I shut it down as soon as I can and one of my friends returned to the staging area and brought back a tie strap to tow me back with. After I get back I take a peek under the valve cover and behold the cam gear bolts are loose mad.gif They were installed with permanent thread locker and torqued to spec.

But on the bright side I couldnt see any damage, so I guess I got lucky.

So? Whatcha gonna do? Did any other damage occur? You've had so many problems with that bike, but I gotta hand it to you, you don't give up! :cry:

I'm gonna clean the threads off really well, get some new Loctite, and retighten them. I guess the old, off brand threadlocker didnt cut it.

I didnt let it run very long before I shut it down. I couldnt see any damage, but I'm going to take a closer look tomorrow when I get back from school.

The thing is I had zero problems with the bike for years. That was before I started messing with it :cry:. If only I could leave well enough alone.

Also until today its been running pretty much flawlessly since I got it back together three months ago.

Use the threadlock(Locktite)that's red in color. Somewhere on the part number it either starts or ends with 271.

You can't leave well enough alone, because you're an engineer in training, and that's what you do. :cry: